Where can I get this part for the front bumper cover?

twinbopilot

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
2001 LS Sport - I just noticed mine missing. See the hole where the part used to be? It could have fallen off I suppose, but I think it got taken off in a parking lot by someone. Does anyone have one of these for sale?
4524067875_c47994f8f9_o.jpg

2001 LS Sport - I just noticed mine missing. See the hole where the part used to be? It could have fallen off I suppose, but I think it got taken off in a parking lot by someone. Does anyone have one of these for sale?

Dealer or junk yard.

Is that only for the Gen1's? haven't really looked at my lower grille but i don't see anything removeable

$50 cash - someone has to have one of these...:rolleyes:

WTF did this part come off of???

There must be a logical answer!

Lmfaol!!! Damn dude I have the exact same problem! Except my car is black & It isn't as noticable as yours. Mine fell off when I hit a damn cone on the higway going about 80. I've tried looking around in junkyards but no luck. I had found one but the guy said I had to buy the whole bumper. F! That...

Just use this as an excuse to yourself to go to a gen2 LSE bumper :D

Just use this as an excuse to yourself to go to a gen2 LSE bumper :D

Oh I am! As soon as I get enough money & time. I'm going to get one that's why I gave up looking for that little part. But it's annoying just looking at it & knowing it's missing.

It a door where you screw in a tow hook/eye as required for export. The hook/eye is stored in the spare tire well, it was a 1st gen thing.

I got one from a parking lot in Dallas the other day. :shifty:

It a door where you screw in a tow hook/eye as required for export. The hook/eye is stored in the spare tire well, it was a 1st gen thing.

Thanks for that explanation. It was driving me crazy as to why that is there. I also have an '00 LS V8 Base and it doesn't have that removable piece - its all part of the bumper cover. I also found the screw-in tow eye in the trunk! So this is required in Europe or somewhere?

Ok I've searched High and Low and have yet to hear even a rumor of where I might find one of these "grill inserts" (for lack of a better term). Hours on Google without anything to show for it!

So I'm thinking about making a custom part to fill the hole. Something like a steel mesh screen, or maybe a chrome plate with punched holes to match the McClaren grille. On second thought, maybe paint it to match - chrome would stick out too much, I think.

I've even thought about an anodized aluminum oil cooler -anything about that size that would look good in the space.

Any suggestions?

same prob

yeah ive been searching forever my local dealer offers it but they want 110 for it i have a mesh grille for that area but ive been delaying to put it on because that part but i think im just gonna take the cheap way out and just put the grille over it only thing im worried about is it bending in as im driving from the wind

My suggestion is to paint that lower area black. It'll serve two purposes - look better and hide that hole a little bit better until you can do the LSE bumper.

I hate to admit it but the price is nuts....P/N XW4Z-17B814-AA lists for $81.73 and cost LVC $58.85!! Must be a good seller because all the Ford depots stock them!!

Max

Thanks for the info on the part Max! That really is expensive for such a small part, but at least you have it. I may end up ordering it from you, but for now I will have to make do with this homemade replacement:
4544090794_30e53ddecb_o.jpg

Too funny...same problem with my 2000 LS. POS fell off, for no reason that I can ascertain. Quite a racket...$82 is f'in ridiculous for this piece of plastic. If anyone finds an alternative, I'm in.

Members online

Back