Where can i get the White Plastic Insulator between Shocks and Coil Springs?

but I can seemed to find them anywhere and figure I have noth8ng to lose. Man this white plastic isolators are killing me.

Boneyard shocks are roughly $40 apiece,,, and you MAY get a good isolator. The hard part is getting them off the corroded shock without busting them.

Supposedly Energy Suspension makes a "universal fit" urethane isolator that works,,, but don't quote me on that... call them to double check. I know when I dug through their website,,, there was one close enough that I almost bought 2 of them... but chickened out. I forget the part number.

Prothane also makes a flat, (non-tapered) version,,, that is more "universal" than the ES version.

Just remember the old saying... "one size fits none".

And no... the Energy suspension ones I found,,, are not the same as the ones listed in post #17. The ones I found had a taper to properly support the spring.

Last edited:
Rock Auto had one #MONROE 906991 left in stock,,, (for the front shocks)... so I ordered it. When it comes in,,, I'll check it against the Energy Suspension "Style D" isolator dimensions,,, and with the Jag front springs and Bilstein shocks I am planning to install.

I know the rear factory LS isolators fit perfectly on the Jag Bilsteins... and the closest Energy Suspension isolator that I mentioned in an above post... is close. I also ordered a pair of them,,, and will compare fitment to the factory LS shock and spring I saved from my rear suspension rebuild.

Rock Auto had one #MONROE 906991 left in stock,,, (for the front shocks)... so I ordered it. When it comes in,,, I'll check it against the Energy Suspension "Style D" isolator dimensions,,, and with the Jag front springs and Bilstein shocks I am planning to install.

I know the rear factory LS isolators fit perfectly on the Jag Bilsteins... and the closest Energy Suspension isolator that I mentioned in an above post... is close. I also ordered a pair of them,,, and will compare fitment to the factory LS shock and spring I saved from my rear suspension rebuild.
Hi @04_Sport_LS, did those Monroe 906991 isolators come in? How do they look? Are they a legitimate solution? Please update.
Thank you!

I don't know if this is the case for aftermarket shocks, but when I did this with Motorcraft shocks last year, I found that the latest part number for the shocks had an updated design where the flange that the coil spring sits on is now angled slightly, so the plastic insulator is now no longer required at all. To protect the finish on the flange and the spring, I took a length of fuel hose, slit it down the middle, and used it as a cushion. It's been working out great.

Members online

Back