Where can I find a Twin Turbo set up for my LS V6 5spd

2001LSV65SPD

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Greetings from a new member. I have been hard pressed in the past for Tech info and after market parts for my V6 5spd LS. I am extremely happy with the car but believe I could be happier. I would like to start this thread in a hope of finding knowledgeable 5 Speed owners. I know your out there!

And yes I would like to find a Twin turbo set up... go big or get the *%$#@ out of my way.

Hi new member.

Fab up your own. You can find the parts all over the internet.

I'll now get out of your way with my 'bigger' V8.

You're thinking too small, how bout quad-turbo supercharged with a 500 shot of NAWZ.

don't forget to put turbos on the turbos :headbang: :headbang:

2 is definately not enough unless you add 4 fender vent stick-ons on each side. Then you would be so fast that you would need a parachute to stop.

Threads like this make me el oh el.

What's funny is that he has the V6 too, least it's a manual.

Threads like this make me el oh el.

What's funny is that he has the V6 too, least it's a manual.

Don't knock the smaller engines. I have seen quite a few 800+ horsepower V6's and even a few I4's. Not saying the LS 3.0 is one of them but sometimes respect is due to those smaller engines.

Don't knock the smaller engines. I have seen quite a few 800+ horsepower V6's and even a few I4's. Not saying the LS 3.0 is one of them but sometimes respect is due to those smaller engines.

What kind of stock I4's have the internals to withstand 800+ hp? Just curious. :p

See that's what i was wondering too. I didn't know exactly how much the V6stock internals could handle.

My answer to the original question is "Contact ILLS by PM and he can undoubtedly help you with a turbo project---bring $$"
KS

Glad to see a sense of humor

I guess when I wrote new member you took for granted new to cars.

NYC LS8 as I am sure you already know displacement does not equal faster,sometimes less is more. I would rather look into purchasing a package unit due to the cost involved. I don't want to spend my time re-inventing the wheel if some one has already suffered the R&D costs.

LS8 I would love to see how my little 6 would match up with that Big V8, I looked hard at purchasing the V8 but it would have been the second automatic I have ever owned. I never enjoyed automatic transmission cars I dont feel like I am truly driving them..

Now that we have the snickers and jeers out of the way is there anyone out the that can help. All I want is to find a manufacturer that offers a turbo set up. As this is a daily driver I cannot afford to have it down for long period of time.

Now that we have the snickers and jeers out of the way is there anyone out the that can help. All I want is to find a manufacturer that offers a turbo set up. As this is a daily driver I cannot afford to have it down for long period of time.

There isn't a mass-produced setup. I would look at ILLS thread; it's stickied.

No Forced Induction "kit"... I haven't seen how much room is available under the hood on the 3.0 V6 for mounting location, but the only working turbo I know of is remote mounted. Read up on the sticky in the LS forum. I haven't kept up with it in a while, since my budget does not allow that type of modification. What type of HP are you hoping for?

Pump Gas? NOT!

I'm sure there are some 1400 hp nitromethane 4 bangers running around.

BMW made a 1.5 Liter Inline 4 cylinder Formula 1 engine. In 1986 it was putting down 1300 RWHP. THe BMW Engineers claim it was 1470 BHP at the flywheel. It ran on 100+ Octane racing gas.

http://www.gurneyflap.com/bmwturbof1engine.html
DSC05923.jpg

Renault's V6 Turbo at the same time was putting out around 1200 HP....
http://www.gurneyflap.com/renaultef15.html

RENAULT%20RE20-296.jpg

I am just looking for a little bit more... As i said its a daily driver, I have an 88 GT 5.0 to do stupid things to. I looked at different power adders and a turbo, most likely remote mounted would be the cleanest application. The car will probably never see a Dyno. Definitely not any sort of track...I think

I do appreciate the links given, as for the V8 vs V6 war I have owned some big V8s and some small 4 cylinders and some 6cylinders. I rate the car buy driving it not buy measuring displacement.

Weight to power ratio.. My bike has a 1 liter motor only puts out 100hp its weighs 600lbs with me on it. Its goes pretty good

I'm not questioning that fact that small displacement engines can make outrageous power, but we're talking about a production motor here, not a race engine.

And to the OP, yes this is my first auto car after owning 8 manual cars but I don't regret it, it's great in rush hour traffic...

2001LSV65SPD: I accept your offer, 15002 Bellamy Rd. Tampa, FL - bring money.

I'm not questioning that fact that small displacement engines can make outrageous power, but we're talking about a production motor here, not a race engine.

x2 - Yes, anyone can go and quote some exotic setups, but like LS8 said, we're talking about stock internals, production motors here.

Look into the turbos that the Noble M15 has, it uses the same Duratec 3.0L V6 that we have.

I don't know :q:q:q:q about any of this though, so odds are it really can't be done.

Members online

Back