Wheel help needed quick..18x8 40 offset?

Ivan_D

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a chance to buy some BBS Jag wheels which are 18 x 8". I've been trying since last week to look up thier offset, and just found out they are +40, which seems really borderline.

The fitment calculator I used said they won't fit because +45 was the minimum, but I noticed that message didn't change when I changed the width to a narrower wheel, so maybe thats an "on the safe side" figure.

I need to give the owner of said wheels an answer asap, so I would really appreciate everyones input...

What fitment calculator did you use? A 40mm will work fine. Others will chime in I'm sure.

My Stern's are 18 x 8 and have a 38mm offset and they fit fine. I wouldn't think the 2mm difference would be a problem.

I would just be buying the wheels without tires.
They are BBS factory upgrade for 03 S Type. They are half an inch wider and 20mm less offset the my oem chrome wheels.

Those will work fine.
Here are 18x8s with 40mm offset.... tire size 255/40/18

5901798933_7479e17215_b.jpg

Can this setup handle any lowering at all?

I had Voxx 18X8 wheels with a 40mm offset running 245/45 tires and rubbed. It was better with 245/40 tires but I still rubbed on anything than a moderate dip with a load in the trunk. I was using Springtech springs, which are a little lower than Eibachs.

I have 18x8 38mm with 245/45. I am debating if I should lower at all. Is that risking a chance of rubbing if I have people in the backseat?

I have 18x8 38mm with 245/45. I am debating if I should lower at all. Is that risking a chance of rubbing if I have people in the backseat?

With that offset you WILL rub. From an offset calculator:

Your new wheel will have the following chracteristics:
The clearance from stut housing to the inside of the wheel will be 16mm MORE
The outside edge of the wheel will EXTEND an extra 28mm

Members online

No members online now.
Back