Wheel help needed quick..18x8 40 offset?

Ivan_D

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a chance to buy some BBS Jag wheels which are 18 x 8". I've been trying since last week to look up thier offset, and just found out they are +40, which seems really borderline.

The fitment calculator I used said they won't fit because +45 was the minimum, but I noticed that message didn't change when I changed the width to a narrower wheel, so maybe thats an "on the safe side" figure.

I need to give the owner of said wheels an answer asap, so I would really appreciate everyones input...

What fitment calculator did you use? A 40mm will work fine. Others will chime in I'm sure.

My Stern's are 18 x 8 and have a 38mm offset and they fit fine. I wouldn't think the 2mm difference would be a problem.

I would just be buying the wheels without tires.
They are BBS factory upgrade for 03 S Type. They are half an inch wider and 20mm less offset the my oem chrome wheels.

Those will work fine.
Here are 18x8s with 40mm offset.... tire size 255/40/18

5901798933_7479e17215_b.jpg

Can this setup handle any lowering at all?

I had Voxx 18X8 wheels with a 40mm offset running 245/45 tires and rubbed. It was better with 245/40 tires but I still rubbed on anything than a moderate dip with a load in the trunk. I was using Springtech springs, which are a little lower than Eibachs.

I have 18x8 38mm with 245/45. I am debating if I should lower at all. Is that risking a chance of rubbing if I have people in the backseat?

I have 18x8 38mm with 245/45. I am debating if I should lower at all. Is that risking a chance of rubbing if I have people in the backseat?

With that offset you WILL rub. From an offset calculator:

Your new wheel will have the following chracteristics:
The clearance from stut housing to the inside of the wheel will be 16mm MORE
The outside edge of the wheel will EXTEND an extra 28mm

Members online

Back