Whats the highest MPH reached in your LS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamb88ert

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what the fastest speed you've reached in your LS?

Ive never really pushed it but have hit 120-130 quite easy.

What's the limiter on these things, something like 133? I hit the limiter once, never again. This was with a bad wheel bearing, 2 cylinder misfires, coolant leak, and squeaky bushings. I thought that going that fast would help clean out the carburetor, fixing my misfires. :)

What's the limiter on these things, something like 133? I hit the limiter once, never again. This was with a bad wheel bearing, 2 cylinder misfires, coolant leak, and squeaky bushings. I thought that going that fast would help clean out the carburetor, fixing my misfires. :)

Mine stock, the limiter was 230 KM/h which works out to 143 MP/h.

Limiters are completely dependent on what tires your vehicles comes with brand new. From a legal stand point, a manufacturer can make the top speed limiter whatever they want, Given, they provide you on initial purchase, tires that are rated for those speeds. If they don't equip you with a tire suitable for the top speed, And you decide to push it to the limit, and the tires should blow out, even tho you Willingly chose to reach the vehicles top speed, the manufacturer is liable and can be sued.
This also represents responsibility on the vehicles owners behalf, to replace the tires with the same or higher rated tire. Should you chose to allow a lower rating than manufacturer specifications, in some cases of vehicle collisions, your insurance company CAN void your policy in the event of an accident, with claims that you did not follow your policy regulations, which are to ensure the vehicle is safe at all times. Meaning, you may not be covered if you hit someone.

At least i was told that..

My brothers 3.5 Altima is limited to 112 Mph And his car came equipped with "S" Rated tires.

The LS comes with V rated, so 149 mph should be the cut off point. I'm assuming 140 - 144 is where the manufacturer wants the Limiter to be, just to be safe.

You do know the V-8 Lincoln LS is limited to 135 mph? Yes my 2003 V-8 sport will pull right up to 135 mph and then hold it.

So anyone getting more than that has a programmer or can't read the speedometer!

You do know the V-8 Lincoln LS is limited to 135 mph? Yes my 2003 V-8 sport will pull right up to 135 mph and then hold it.

So anyone getting more than that has a programmer or can't read the speedometer!

*sigh*

http://www.forbes.com/2000/12/05/1205lifestyle.html

you DO know you should look things up on Google before trying hard to state facts right? If yours is limited to 135, then either Wind was a factor, or there's a difference between first Gens and second Gens for top speed limiter.

"2001 Lincoln LS
Specs
Acceleration: 0-60 mph in 7.2 seconds

Engine type; displacement: V-8; 3.9 liters

Horsepower: 252 @ 6,100 rpm

Torque: 267 @ 4,300

Top speed: 142 mph

EPA mileage: 17 city / 24 highway

MSRP: $36,305 "

I don't trust tires enough to drive that fast. I've had mine to 105ish once.

Tho i laugh if the first Gens have a higher Top speed limiter that the supposed "Better" second Gens ahahahahah

Non the less, my First Gen will tear a new ass in most Second Gens on this whole site.

Non the less, my First Gen will tear a new ass in most Second Gens on this whole site.

So, your LS is gay? :lol:

FWIW, gen 1 sports have no limiter. Though after a certain speed, the car cannot overcome the wind resistance. You'd have to install plates underneath, splitter, etc. to gain more speed.

LOL i like this guy..

Tho i laugh if the first Gens have a higher Top speed limiter that the supposed "Better" second Gens ahahahahah

oh dear good not this again... The STI killer...

again your stating this because you raced your COP failing CAT clogged mom's 2nd gen...

And, correct me if i'm wrong, has a "mystery tune, Intake tube, and exhaust... Am i missing anything????

post some real proof if your going to continue to say you "destroy all other LS's"....

LebowskiOpinion.jpg

LMAO awesome

again your stating this because you raced your COP failing CAT clogged mom's 2nd gen...

And, correct me if i'm wrong, has a "mystery tune, Intake tube, and exhaust... Am i missing anything????

post some real proof if your going to continue to say you "destroy all other LS's"....

Your right. I wont state that without proof.
I own both LS's btw..

Ill Make sure the 2005 is tip top and Re run the race with video proof. Except this time smart ass, imma change my 2002's rear tires out to some nice sticks so i dont slip for 5 F'ing damn seconds while that 2005 got the out of dig perfect.. Then see what you'll say next once you see my 2002 ass rape the 2005.

promises-change-cool-story-bro.jpg

Seriously I really do want to see though... but make sure the camera's in the 2nd gen... Safer that way...

lmao g-rell

It varies by year, sport/non-sport, V6/V8.

Mine only goes to 133.

All of the 4 I've had cut off at 133. They hold it but never went past that point.

Last edited:
Yup. Otherwise you wouldn't believe it if you cant see it.

world-according-to-americans.jpg

:shifty: ok?

I actually work for a French company and have sister companies all over the world... the picture seems a little hypocritical and ignorant, but hey, knock yourself out..

Back to the OP, I can remember 115ish but dont know for sure if I've topped it... I drive 80ish on the highway majority of the time..

mine pull hard to 133 then the limiter kicks in and it falls a few mphs then starts pulling again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back