what's good sports car for $5K?

2002_LS_V8 said:
Camaro is not a sports car, its a muscle car... if u want a rwd sport car get a MIATA they are way fun to drive and u can even make it fast if u want..
I think he saids sports car not chick car. Probe GT, Miata, Prelude....all chick cars. Sorry, but they are....

Why don't you drive your LS like a sports car and have fun with it! They are great Cars....

Civic? Supra? Probe? hell you might as well be on the Fast and the "I'll let you finish it"

beaups said:
I think he saids sports car not chick car. Probe GT, Miata, Prelude....all chick cars. Sorry, but they are....

So, for $5k what's your suggestion, hot shot?

mespock said:
Why don't you drive your LS like a sports car and have fun with it! They are great Cars....

Civic? Supra? Probe? hell you might as well be on the Fast and the "I'll let you finish it"

Same for you.... Suggestions?

mustang 5.0, camerro:), anything turbocharged (more easily modded)....I'd just stay away from any small FWD 4 banger. I know you can make miata's, probes, etc fast. I don't care if some Miata cranks out enough power to launch the next space shuttle it's still a chick car:)

beaups said:
mustang 5.0, camerro:), anything turbocharged (more easily modded)....I'd just stay away from any small FWD 4 banger. I know you can make miata's, probes, etc fast. I don't care if some Miata cranks out enough power to launch the next space shuttle it's still a chick car:)

Really? You'd call a Mustang a sports car?? I'm as big a Mustang fan as anyone, I've got an 84 5.0 LX, 85 GT w/ t-tops, and a 91 4 banger that's for sale, but I wouldn't call them a 'sports car'. More of a 'muscle car', but not in the pre-early 70's style version of the 'muscle car'.

I suppose some people have different definitions of a sports car...... I would classify anything that can corner like it's on rails and stop on a dime a sports car, and a Mustang or Camaro definitely does not.

And don't be so quick to classify the Probe GT with the '4 bangers', they're equipped with a 2.5L DOHC V6, somewhere in the 210HP range..... The base models are 4 cylinders, but from 93 on the GT's are V6's.

StinkinLinkinLS01 said:
Yea he has no idea what he is talking about. I just bought an F-body '89 Camaro with a TPI 350ci truck block motor built up with forgesd pistons, aftermarket cam, headers, custom 3" flowmaster exhaust, chip and soon to come intake and bigger tb and maybe a little nos and some slicks. Bottom line is that wiht the aftermarket suspension and performance tires it hugs the road around corners better than the LS. Of course the ride is a lot rougher and louder...but much MUCH faster. Its definitely a "sports car"...if the performance doesn't do it the black on black exterior/interior color scheme with full '92 Z28 ground effects, '92 Z28 hood w/ ram air and a nifty little spoiler screams sports car. 2002_LS_V8 is young, like me, he'll learn just like I have been...

I totally agree with this guy and Fla02ls. The Camaro IS a sports car with some muscle and it don't take very much to give it alot of muscle. I had a 1992 Z28 Camaro Heritage Edition. It was my baby for the past seven years, but I had to get rid of it due to unfortunate circumstances. Here is a pic of her last July. I still have my CarDomain page for her if any of you are interested in seeing her.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2331623

My Camaro.jpg

The old miata I would say its more of a chick car, but its the best chick car you can get cause of its stats. I love the new MX-5, I would blow up my LS to get one if it was possible. I just loved it, was the first car to make me say "holy sh!t" ever, including the new Mustang. Just something about a small car, rwd and top down action.

I dig the new solstice TURBO. Think it's a chick car too but it gets the job done...

I like the Saturn SKY better, same car but much beter styling. Solstice is more girly, but the SKY has the style to be a guys car.

I really like the Saturn SKY as well. It really caught my eye when I first seen one, then I found out it was a Saturn. I then thought WOW, a Saturn, really? They must be moving up in the world.

Yea, saturn and all those little car companies are doing a good job at putting out nice cars. Its gotten to the point where I no longer really pick on a certain car company cause they all offer something that is nice, some may not agree but not everyone needs a car that can drive itself or be over $30k or even to impress others.

If I could I would go back to owning my 88 cavalier z24 and '03 cavalier again and skip the LS. Than whoever came up and started saying this or that I would just say "hey, they are paid for and I could have whatever I want but whats the sense anymore."

hannibal said:
Really? You'd call a Mustang a sports car?? I'm as big a Mustang fan as anyone, I've got an 84 5.0 LX, 85 GT w/ t-tops, and a 91 4 banger that's for sale, but I wouldn't call them a 'sports car'. More of a 'muscle car', but not in the pre-early 70's style version of the 'muscle car'.

I suppose some people have different definitions of a sports car...... I would classify anything that can corner like it's on rails and stop on a dime a sports car, and a Mustang or Camaro definitely does not.QUOTE]

Thanks for agreeing with me.... and probe GT has 164hp not 210, the KLZE swap that is popular for them has 210hp

Members online

No members online now.
Back