Whats behind the "LINCOLN" & "LS" emblems....

ldc

LVC Member
Reaction score
I want to remove the "Lincoln", "LS" and "V8" emblems on the rear of my car, are there any holes behind them? I hate the gunk that builds up around them, and it makes that area so hard to wash also. With time it starts to look crappy. Anyone done this?

thanks
dc

ldc said:
I want to remove the "Lincoln", "LS" and "V8" emblems on the rear of my car, are there any holes behind them? I hate the gunk that builds up around them, and it makes that area so hard to wash also. With time it starts to look crappy. Anyone done this?

thanks
dc
Yes - I have pulled mine off a few times - swapped my 01 all red taillamp for clear/red ones of the 01 Japense LS. The lettering is only held on with 3M double-sided tape - about 1/8" thick. - come right off and cleans up with 'Goo-be-gone'.

BTW: if you change you mine later - you can by the letter - pre-taped - for $25 for both the 'lincoln' and 'LS V8'

I saw a Navagator and they had the V8's on the front side, I was thinking of maybe putting some V8's there. Didn't the older or maybe V6's have chrome LS's or somthing there? Wonder why they stopped?

John_P007 said:
I saw a Navagator and they had the V8's on the front side, I was thinking of maybe putting some V8's there. Didn't the older or maybe V6's have chrome LS's or somthing there? Wonder why they stopped?
alot of LS owners did this using the Navagator emblem

here's an old e-bay listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2472504733&category=33643

or they are $24 from Ford Parts Network

Yes - the 00-01 had an 'LS' on the fender door ridge molding

John_P007 said:

If you mean that little trim piece behind the front wheel, it's dissappearance is called de-contenting. It was eliminated in 2002.

Well, i removed them this weekend, the rear looks alot cleaner! :p

Thanks
dc

Here is a pic of the rear without the emblems...............

More pics:

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=559

IMG_0368 SMR.jpg

If your're not into removiving the lettering do like i do. Get a clean or new paint brush to remove buildup. Works great on my LS and my Navi :headbang:

I took mine off of a '03......makes the car look a lot better....i just used a heat gun.....came off really easy. don't over heat it.....a hair dryier would also work too :L

Members online

No members online now.
Back