What was everyone's first car?

VYPER said:
1978 olds or chevy citation which ever it is.(trade in)
1984 chevy camaro( traded after 1 mo. had problems w/ it)
1984 toyota supra celica( storm knocked tree on it.)
1987 pontiac 6000 le (dads old ride ,junked after blown engine)
1987 dodge caravan (junked after nissan purchase)
1993 nissan altima( trade in)
1999 ford f 150(repo)
1997 plymouth voyager(wife wrecked and totaled)
1999 dodge durango( current)
2000 lincoln ls ( current)
oh i forgot 1972 chevy c-10 sb stepside pickup (current) can't believe i forgot my other love.

BBoyd said:
This may have already been posted, but I could not find it. Mine was a 1991 Ford Probe Turbo GT. 5 speed manual, 155 horses, pure adrenaline. lol

I forgot to post a pic:

Probe4b.JPG

first car

For my 16th birthday, my dad bought me a 1969 Ford Mustang Mach I with the 428 SCJ engine and an "R" code scoop mounted on top of the engine. It was candy apple red and had the rear window louver as well as both front and rear spoiler. An original Colorado car, it had no rust and was in awesome shape. I managed to hold on to the car for 20 years before I had to sell it to support my wife and kids. Here is a shot of the car about 6 months before I sold it........By the way, my dad paid $2450 for it back in 1978 and still thought he overpaid the guy.

PS I now drive a 90 black on black LSC SE. Here is the url for my beast:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/735325

stang1.jpg

Well, this really takes me back in time.
My first car was a brand new 57 ford fairlane 500 convertible.
I bought it in October of 56 when they were first introduced.
It was fully loaded with a price of $2200.00
I don't have any pictures of that first car but, the one pictured below is just like the one I had.
The only difference was where this one is red, mine was dark purple.
Mine had a black and white interior.
The purple and white combo was a real eye catcher.
Gee, I haven't thought about that car for a long time.

When I wrecked the purple convertible, I bought a twin to this one shown, right down to the continental kit and fender skirts.
503136_124_full.jpg

Bob.

Last edited:
katz_blk90se said:
For my 16th birthday, my dad bought me a 1969 Ford Mustang Mach I with the 428 SCJ engine and an "R" code scoop mounted on top of the engine. It was candy apple red and had the rear window louver as well as both front and rear spoiler. An original Colorado car, it had no rust and was in awesome shape. I managed to hold on to the car for 20 years before I had to sell it to support my wife and kids. Here is a shot of the car about 6 months before I sold it........By the way, my dad paid $2450 for it back in 1978 and still thought he overpaid the guy.

PS I now drive a 90 black on black LSC SE. Here is the url for my beast:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/735325

I had a '70 R Code car that I sold in 1978 for $2800 and thought I raped the guy. If I only knew...I think I saw an original go for 120k at Barrett Jackson this year. But I'll tell you a worse one. My very first car was a 1963B Galaxy 500XL with a 427 and a 4 speed. I paid $300 for it used! It even came with the 2 4bbl option that was dealer installed...but had never been installed. It was still in the trunk. I sold the 2 x 4 setup for $100 and was in the car $200. I eventually blew the motor up and sold it for $100. God was I naive back then. But the best story is a buddy of mine who had a hemi 'Cuda (1971 I believe) He GAVE it to his fiance. They broke up. She took it back to the farm in Idaho and drove it for a month until one day it wouldn't start. She parked it next to the hay field where it sat for years. She finally GAVE it to a guy for the cost of hauling it off. She knew I wanted that car too. I hate her to this day!!

My first car

1980 Datsun 310 GX hatchback (wrecked)
1971 Chevy Elcamino (No money to restore)
1989 Dodge Dakota (Gutless POS)
1978 F250 (Big Red) Still Own
1986 Mark VII LSC

I also had a Pinto and an Oldsmobile cutlass somewhere in the early '90's

my first car

1979 lincoln town car with black smoke coming out the rear and a 460 that sucked gas i bought it for 100bucs with tons of rust "(still the most confortable ride ever)

My first car is my currant, a 2003 lincoln LS V8. I had my parents 95 grand am in high school but it wasn't technically mine so ya. and now I'm in a mean debt but hey its cheaper then a girlfriend and it doesn't talk back.

My first car was a 1984 Mercury Grand Marquis with a 351, factory amplifier, and purple velvet power seats. It was the pimpiest car a 16 year old could have. I guess that's what got me into the big cars.

1978 Chrysler Lebaron 318 V8 with leanburn system
1987 Chyrsler Fifth Avenue 318
1990 Lincoln Continental Signature Series
1993 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC
1992 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
1995 Lincoln Continental Executive
1989 Pontiac FORMULA 5.0 TPI 5 Speed
1995 Olds Aurora Autobahn Package
1994 Eagle Vision TSI 3.5
2000 Acura TL
2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP 4.6 Northstar

All were my personal cars not my friends or familys

1st car was a POS Dodge Daytona turbo- caught on fire.
then
1980 Ford Bronco 4X4
1992 Olds Cutlass (Great Car)
1995 Mustang gt Conv
1999 Mustang GT Conv-Still have this Beauty
2001 Ragtop Lincoln LS V8 - So far so good.

Gotta start somewheres...

Our family's kids (me included) started on a handme down car, that luckily was manual transverse 4, late 70s Plymouth Horizon. ..What fun, lemme tell ya!

You think you had a bad car to start with??
Nope.
In cold Minnesota winters while going to Mpls. Art Institute (back then anyway), the accelerator froze to the floor and at that point, had to call in help. That car burned through several clutches while getting the hang of hating manual trans cars hehe

Traded the sorry thing in towards what I refer to as my '1st' car, in reality. A dealership, used find; (Ford dealership) 1982 Cutlass Supreme V6 3.8.
That car broke down and was sold off at that point. After about a month or two, found another 1982 Cutlass to own. Moved up from there to get a 1984 Biarritz Eldo (starting my renewed love of Cadillacs). That car was subsequently sold for my 1989 ASC modded convertible Formula 350 Firebird! That one I still have along with my 1988 Cadillac Deville I got off eBay last year for $510 total! That car hails from NJ and is virtually rust free but has seen rain and one winter here
Bill

Last edited:
my list

88 mazda b2200 pickup (pos)

89 thurderbird turbo coupe (good looks, great handling, weak power)

93 thunderbird v6 (grandpa car)

92 thunderbird SC (I loved that car)

02 Lincoln LS V8 (my new love)

ALEX

my first car was a 1992 toyota corolla dx gold. then i owned a 1994 lexus 250 wtih a broken cd player :p i probably listened to thriller for around 6 months then i graduated high school and my gift was a 1996 black mitsubishi eclipse spyder GS, and then i got a 2000 mazda b3000 pickup and drove it for a year and a half. lastly, 4 months ago i got this black lincoln ls. ive been quite fortunate to own so many cars, and i am very happy with this last car as with all the other cars.

My first car was my most recent before buying my 00 LS. 93 AWD Eagle Talon Tsi. I built the hell out of that car. Put down well over 400 awhp. I always wanted a luxury car. So when I came across this deal I parted my car out. I have owned my Ls for 3 months and it almost payed off with the money from my Talon. Best pass was 11.7@ 118 spinning all of first and most of second. I kinda miss the power but that when I break out the bike!

:ricesmile got to love it.

my first car was a hand me down 1972 Mercury Capri.. 2.0L, 4 speed, and not much else. Loved that little German built car, killed 2 clutches and a couple of timing belts. gotta love the 2 stage 2bbl carb it had... cut a 4v in half keeping one primary and one secondary venturi... good gas mileage, terrible oil mileage (leaked like crazy).

A 92 chevy astro van with a blown engine that smoked somethin fierce. And all my friends still asked for rides.....

me..hmm too many...
starting
83 toyota celica w trunk(not a hatch back)
then 80 toyota celica hatchback (cute lil car)
86 1/2 toyota supra (fast lil bugger)
then 79 camero with 400hp with posi (that was fun vroom vroom)
after that 88 mustang gt,(with 373 yeeha)
then 89 mustang notch (that was a fun one yeeehaa-sold that along with my 89 lsc)
then 97 mustang gt (didnt like) then upgraded to 97 cobra svt (much better..shes garged kept)
then 89 lsc (nice one)sold that one to get my current 98 lsc
then an 88 lsc ...(up for sale---needs a new home)
now a 98 LSC and a f350 dulley deisel!
and thats all she wrote! ;)

re: first car

my first car was a 63 riviera was gonna redo it when stolen then got a new 82 caddy deville delegance and have numerous caddys and buicks since just sold my 85 riviera conv current cars are 2002 escalade ext 25k 83 riviera 2 owner 125k 79 vette 130k and 65 ford galaxie xl conv 2 owner and have had marks and town cars so i like both luxury marques :V

roger

LSCGODDESS98 said:
me..hmm too many...
starting
83 toyota celica w trunk(not a hatch back)
then 80 toyota celica hatchback (cute lil car)
86 1/2 toyota supra (fast lil bugger)
then 79 camero with 400hp with posi (that was fun vroom vroom)
after that 88 mustang gt,(with 373 yeeha)
then 89 mustang notch (that was a fun one yeeehaa-sold that along with my 89 lsc)
then 97 mustang gt (didnt like) then upgraded to 97 cobra svt (much better..shes garged kept)
then 89 lsc (nice one)sold that one to get my current 98 lsc
then an 88 lsc ...(up for sale---needs a new home)
now a 98 LSC and a f350 dulley deisel!
and thats all she wrote! ;)

whoops how can i forget...94 eldo,teal green w bone leather...that wasa sweet ride too,..also sold that (3 cars to get my 98lsc)

Members online

No members online now.
Back