What was everyone's first car?

My car list is as follows:
1995 Plymouth Acclaim (ran into a food exit sign on exit ramp)
1988 Plymouth Sundance (someone did a u-turn on my first day of class senior year)
1990 Acura Legend (sold at auction cause tranny was gone)
1992 Acura Vigor (going to fast around curve and ran into trees)
1992 Acura Integra (Hydro-planed into bridge wall over interstate)
1998 Dodge Durgango (Sold cause it was a gas guzzler)
2003 Lincoln LS (current)

LS4me said:
First car I had pretty much total use, except it was my Dad's; 1957 Volvo.

My first car; 1964 1/5 Mustang, 289, 4-spd, 4-bbl, no back-up lights, no power anything, full length console. I sure miss that car..........

Im jealous

ekenkade said:
first car: was a dodge somethin or other.
first truck: Freightliner argosy, the ooooolllllllldddddd one
was a Valiant, whatever that was :confused:

89 SHO 5-speed when I turned 16 in 1991. Loved that car, too many memories, haha. Pretty quick too!

First ... hello to everyone seeing as this is my first post here :D ! My first car was a 1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator w/351 Cleveland. It was 14 years old when I aquired it and in pretty good condition. The engine was rock solid and after some minor interior and exterior cosmetics and paintwork it was the talk of my highschool. I loved that car; wish I still had it. :(

1973 Chevrolet Nova - small block V8, manual (3 on the tree), Orange in color.

mine was a 1967 ford truck 460 4x4 with two holleys and 3 fuel tanks , you could walk under this truck with only bending your neck and had 36 total off road lights what a gas hog lol

1964 1/2 Mustang. 289, 4 bbl, 4 spd, full length console. No p/s, p/b, a/c. Almost had to park it in the rain!

many great memories
learned to drive on my brothers 56 chev, 3 on the tree
57 Chev 210 283v8
67 Plymouth Valiant 273v8 Black with Black Vinyl top and Keystone Klassics
66 Plymouth Satilite
68 Chevelle Conv - still have it
70 Duster 340
72 Datsun 240Z
73 Monte Carlo
75 Corvette
82 Saab 900 Turbo
86 Jeep CJ7 - still have it and use it for off roading
62 Ranchero - sold it to my brother and he still has it
33 Willys - building for Landspeed racing
87 Jaguar VDP 12 cylinder
05 Cherokee
00 LS, my favorite of all

Hey man, how was the Jaguar VDP V12? I like those older jags.. I heard they have a lot of electrical problems? How was the engine, I have never driven one.

cj7man said:
many great memories
learned to drive on my brothers 56 chev, 3 on the tree
57 Chev 210 283v8
67 Plymouth Valiant 273v8 Black with Black Vinyl top and Keystone Klassics
66 Plymouth Satilite
68 Chevelle Conv - still have it
70 Duster 340
72 Datsun 240Z
73 Monte Carlo
75 Corvette
82 Saab 900 Turbo
86 Jeep CJ7 - still have it and use it for off roading
62 Ranchero - sold it to my brother and he still has it
33 Willys - building for Landspeed racing
87 Jaguar VDP 12 cylinder
05 Cherokee
00 LS, my favorite of all

the Jag was a beautiful car. A friend of mine bought it new and the day he bought it, brought it over to show me...I loved it, and a few years later, he passed away and I bought it off his estate...I had it til last fall when the body started to bubble in the regular places and sold it...wife says too many vehicles! I had some electrical problems...cruise worked off and on...I rewired all 4 marker lights and the speedo would bounce around on occasion but thats about all. Sold it with 60K on it...was still a smooth running machine but the LS is substanitally quicker and way better handling. Thanks for asking and now you've resurrected memories making me miss her!!!

first car

67 mustang, sold it for a 69 super bee. still kicking myself for selling that. then a 66 fairlane GTA. fastest car i ever owned. but i love my 98 lsc.

mines was a 1998 dodge stratus - i really loved that car until they stole it, but hey with that money i got a LS

I bought a 1967 Olds Delmont 88 dealer car for $700 when I was 16 back in 1976. It had a 425cu Rocket eng very tight. Needless to say I wrecked it two weeks later. I kept it for about a year until I trashed it (young and dumb). After that I became a Honda XL 250 owner.

The first car I owned was a 1958 VW Bug, until the floor rotted out. Then I bought a 1962 body and put my 58 engine in it and drove that, with no heat during the cold Canadian winters of high school :rolleyes:

90lincoln said:
I bought a 1967 Olds Delmont 88 dealer car...
Man, I had forgotten all about that model--thanks for the memory jogger. We're the same age and my dad had a '69 Olds 442 that was a blast to drive...until I broke 3 valve springs in it about 6 months after I got my license. This is when I learned just how mad my dad could get without actually killing me. When I had to fix what I had broken with my own hands it certainly gave me a newfound respect for it! Ironically enough, my first car had no valve springs...(Mazda RX-3)

First Car

1964 Chevy Impala SS, 409, 411 posi, 4 speed. First thing I did was take the 409 emblem off the side and replace it with a 283 emblem! Lots of fun at stop lights.......:)

Members online

No members online now.
Back