what to do to fit 22's

jthorn75

LVC Member
Reaction score
lookin to put some 22's on a LS im planning on buyin tommorow...is there anything special needed to make them fit and not rub all kinds and all? thanks guys

jthorn75 said:
lookin to put some 22's on a LS im planning on buyin tommorow...is there anything special needed to make them fit and not rub all kinds and all? thanks guys

Ima say this...

DO NOT DO IT. It'll look like :q:q:q:q. We aren't driving Impalas dude...but to each their own.

Try to get the correct offset or as close as possible. No matter what you will still have some rubbing. Try looking at some 21s, they would be better.

jthorn75 said:

4" lift kit maybe? :)

Just to give you a little something to think about. If you go with 22's, your tire is going to be a 255/30. That is a thin a@# tire. I have 20's with 245/35 and I think it this is the best setup for the LS. Not too big, just right. One of the things I look at is this, the car has to have width and length to look good on rims bigger than 20's. For example the BMW 7 series, that car looks good on 22's because it has the body for it. The LS doesn't have a long and wide body like that. Therefore, that's why it looks like a 4x4 when people put 22's on them. Remember bigger don't don't always look better. I've seen some LS's on twenties that will give the average bimmer or benz hell. Rember you want the car to look good overall. Also do you want to have to replace your tires or a rim every now and then? Riding on 30 series tires it's highly inevitable. I'm just trying to give you something to think about. Just to put it in a nutshell, somethings just aren't made for each other.

don't do 22's it will rub and it will kill the look on your car get 20's

if you insist on doing it, go with a 2" lift and thicker tires. Still may have some rub. Good luck and post pics when you get them

I too say don't do it. I have 20's and they look really good. I also think that it will look like $hit when it is all done. If you decide to go ahead and do it please post some pics so we can see, if not let us know which wheels you decide to go with and still, post some pics.

i believe u need to raise the front an inch and the rear at 1.25 inches.. ur not going to be able to cut the wheel all the way to the right or the left when u turn.. wouldnt recommend it for a daily driver

it's a simple 2 step process. 1.) Drive to cadillac dealer. 2.) Trade in LS or escalade w/your 22" spinners

I cant even remotely imagine how horrendous the ride quality must be on 30 series tires on the LS

i have a friend with a 30 series 18 on a civic, kind of like riding the old bikes with hard plastic wheels.

being as i am a fellow rhode islander, I've decided to take upon the liberty of hunting this car down and going for a ride... i'll let you know how it goes

Oh, on smooth pavement for a test ride...it will be fine.

The REAL test is when you live with the 30 series for several days....over railroad track crossings, a few rutted roads, uneven pavement type roads, etc.

Dont candy coat it...get a REAl test.

lseguy said:
Oh, on smooth pavement for a test ride...it will be fine.

The REAL test is when you live with the 30 series for several days....over railroad track crossings, a few rutted roads, uneven pavement type roads, etc.

Dont candy coat it...get a REAl test.

I am doing 22" as well. The best wheel to ge is a 22x7.5 or a wheel with a high ofset. Asanti makes a good wheel 3 piece but very expensive.

It will rids like :q:q:q:q but I might sugest getting a air bag or air strut kit made by mcphearson strut. Its a Universial kit. You can get teh whol kit for about $900 shipped but then you are lookling at comperssios air hose shouldnt cost more than $2000 for all the parts. Then yo have to find someone to install it

I just purchased some 22's on pirelli pzero's and cannot wait to get the on my ride. I asked around about these and they (the dealer) had to go ahead and get them custom drilled for my car as it is hard for them to go on. I will definitely post some pics as the rims look amazing. Oh, they are dvinci ragno's with the black inserts.

That black LS with 22s looks pretty damn nice.
( Reffering to the cardomain url that was posted )

Either way..I think even 20s on a LS are a little too big.
19s seem to be perfect. Maybe Im just saying this because I live in michigan and the roads here are completely fawkd up!

I think that a 22" with a width of 7.5" is going to look like one of those bike tires mentioned above, not to mention ride like one.

HyeLifeLS said:
Who are you refering to?
Who cares?? He's a tool.

I think as you go so big you need to go thinner to avoid rubbing, thats why the 7.5 comes into play. I do agree to big is to much. The fit and stance of the wheel has alot more to it looking good than just the fact thats its such a big rim.

Members online

Back