What size is the factory subwoofer in a 97 Lincoln Continental??

osu_ou_dude

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey i was just wondering if anyone could tell me the factory size of the subwoofer in a 97 Lincoln Continental? Any help would be great thanx:D

:W to :V good to have another Oklahoman join up. I live in Hartshorne.

Who said there was one?

Im not certain - but I dont believe there is a factory subwoofer in the Conti

-

All vehicles are equipped with either Premium or JBL® radio speakers.
Vehicles equipped with the optional JBL® sound installations feature JBL® radio speakers. These speakers have "Ford/JBL® Audio System" printed on the magnet.
JBL® and Premium sound radio speakers are not interchangeable. However, the JBL® radio speakers used in the optional JBL® sound installations are removed and installed in the same manner as the premium radio speakers.
The JBL® system will also have two sub-woofer radio speakers (18808). Subwoofers are mounted on the rear package tray.

attention kmart shoppers please note the 2 yes 2 sub woofers in the jbl equipped conti on aisle 3's bluelight special:p ;)

yea there are two subs in the conti. btw i drove a 98 lincoln conti and the bass didnt seem so good.

They aren't really subs they basically take 2 6x9's and cut all above a certain threshold so they only produce bass. They then do just the opposite to the other speakers in the car. Problem is often some midrange can be cut as well. And without a true sub there are frequecies simply not produced or not pronounced enough to be heard away from the rear deck. My brothers moutaineer cuts the bass from all but the sub as well but has a actual factory sealed sub and amp. But at lower volume the sub sometimes simply isn't loud enough to get those lower frequencies throughout the whole vehicle.

I got whatever the highest audio option was in 95 and my car bumps pretty good. Better than stock system (bass wise) I've heard. Then I again most people I know have new Honda's/BMW's

I have a 97, so they may have used a real sub in 95, I'm not sure. I had assumed the main chnage for 97 was the suspension and a bit of hp/tq bump. But audio is a definate posibilty for change as well.

My 94 has the JBL system and I love it as far as stock goes. Very good bass!

Drove 95's, 97's From What I remember, they also have dual ( JBLwoofers like the 98. System in a 98 is similar, had a 97 once and it's JBL system had a deeper punch. Drove a 2000 with the Alpine system and all I can say is that the Alpine system is awful, Dual woofer like JBL but it takes no Bass. I'd say the Standard speaker system has less bass distortion ( in a 2000!)

i have a 99 Conti and I have the Alpine line on it + the subwoofer , if is the one from the pics :)

CIMG1345.JPG

Peel the cover in the trunk. Theres those 2 regular speaker sized Subs. Been in a 95, 97, 98, 2000,.. JBL Or Alpine I see the same set up and nothing but open air in that center vent. Heard a dude in some site with a pic like from above and said ( Under here lies a Factory JBL 8 inch Sub) on a 98 ( All Stock). I have a 98 with JBL and I don't see that, nor with any of the other above mentioned model years I've driven ( JBL or Alpine).
Tell me, Am I missing out on something here???????????????

I have the JBL in mine that center vent is just to let the heat from all the componets they have mounted on that tray. I thought it had a sub below it when we got the car till I dropped the tray and checked.

Members online

No members online now.
Back