What 's the Best/Worst of the LS? in your opinion

"8) "Ultimately, it's a Ford" Quoting: mnmridg"

HAA!! that was Steagle.
I love my Fords. Currently have '04 F-150, '01 Explorer, '82 Mercury 5.0 RS as well as the '06 LS.

Best: What you get for the dollar if you buy them used
Looks
Luxury

Worst: Aftermarket Support
Power

i hate the chrome trim
i wish is came with 18 or 19" rims

RWD makes me smile
Needs LSD

LMAO, The mystery beep. What the heck is that?? Happens to me too. :)

It just beeps and nothing pops up in the display. Some people have seen an "E" in the gear select area when this happens I believe. Mine does it on trips over 50 miles for some reason.

1. Performance of car ( When running well ) As stated could use more HP
2. Comfort while driving.
3. Body style and the euro look.
4. Power windows etc.

DISLIKES:
1. The front grill ( 2000 LS front end is UGLY) Wish all came with 04-06 style
2. Repair costs
3. Cheap plastic for center console
3. Too small of cup holders & Console.
4. NO LSD or AWD option as stated previously.

All in all, Its an enjoyable car. "It's a FORD" as people will say. But Ehh, I like my fords ;)

I like the looks of the LS as well as the way it drives. It's a very good road car. I commute 60 miles per day and it's a very comfortable commute in my LS. Power from 20 mph is good and handling is excellent. I really like the THX sound system.

I have an 03 V8 and wish they had offered the V8 with a manual. I'm not too happy about the way the transmission shifts, especially downshifts at freeway speeds (it seems to take forever to kick down).

In all I think the LS is a good value (I bought mine used over two years ago for $20000) It's been trouble free. I was considering a used BMW 540 sport with a 5 speed but it would have been at least 10000 more for the BMW.

I'm happy with my LS

for sure buyin this car used its a sure steal.... you get SO much i only paid 13k for mine v6 44000 miles and fullly loaded :) and to think i was considering a BASE jetta for the same price... :(

The LS makes that mystery beep everytime the fuel gauge hits 1/4, 1/2, or 3/4 tank of fuel mark.

For real? I hear the mystery beep like once every couple of months. If it was at those gas levels I would hear it a lot more.

My mystery beep went away after making adjustments to the door and trunk sensors. When going over a bump the trunk lid would lift probably 1/1000000000 of an inch causing the sensor to make the dash beep.

dislikes:everything

This car is the biggest POS.

best part? This OEM battery has been flawless since I bought the car. (Dec 2002). And the battery in the keyfob is also original, and still kicking.

euro styling and elegant look
very solid on interstates
takes bad roads and potholes extremely well
independant rear suspension
V8 has good acceleration
decent spare tire

dislikes:
not much aftermarket
could use a little more power though gen 2 V8 w CAI and SCT tune puts car up to 300 hp.
speedo hard to read with wheel tilted down.
would prefer radio controls on left side of wheel and cruise control on right side.
rain sensitive wipers not sensitive enough
pulled plug on windshield sensor and wipers reverted to intermittent regular function (I was so happy I disabled this poorly designed IMO feature)

Us happy V6 owners, no massage center, no beeps, no headaches... (less power though)

It's in my 2000 manual.

My mystery beep don't go by the manual then. I get the beep when fuel is around 50 Miles to empty and is acompanied by a low fuel message but thats all I get gas related as far as a beep goes.

Members online

No members online now.
Back