what parts will interchange between 97/98 and 1st gen (94)

warlockpain

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
i MAY have access to a wrecked (in the front) black on black 2nd gen. my 94 is also black on black.
the question is:what parts will swap between the 2? AND i do mean all parts (mechanical,interior,body ie.rear bumper/trunk,any front body parts not damaged) i would like to bring the 94 up to date a little and it could use paint anyway. anyone tried converting a 1st gen to a second?

good parts not able to be used on my 94 will be sold off and the rest scrapped,however the car is NOT in my possesion just yet,so please hold off on parts requests. thanks in advance guys!

everything will, some stuff will bolt right on, some things require modification and rewiring, but really, everything will interchange it depends on how much you want to get into and how your patience are.

As far as DIRECT swap... suspenion is really all that is the Exact same...

The awesome thing to do would be to swap the gen 2 interior, and side mirrors into your first gen.

Like Jamie said though, virtually everything Can be made to work.

what would be involved in swapping the rear trunk /tail lights/rear bumper cover to the newer style?

also,since the airbags deployed,would the passenger side 94 airbag work in place of the deployed 97/98?

btw,the build date on the wrecked car is 9/97 so not sure if it's a 97 or 98.

also,what would be involved with swapping to the newer style intake? i'm tired of the tb being pinched between the engine and firewall!

sorry for all the questions,but knowledge is power and also a time saver!
thanks guys!

to put a gen 2 rear on the gen 1 you'd have to cut the quarters off and weld them back on a gen 1, the trunk lid, bumper cover, and tail light holes are way different, thats the only way, would be to weld the 2nd gen quarters on a 1st gen.

to put a gen 2 rear on the gen 1 you'd have to cut the quarters off and weld them back on a gen 1, the trunk lid, bumper cover, and tail light holes are way different, thats the only way, would be to weld the 2nd gen quarters on a 1st gen.

ok,so major surgery that would be more time and money than what it's worth. what about the interior? direct swap except for the wiring? (fingers crossed!)

From what I understand the interiors are pretty much a direct swap, I believe the seats are wired a little different. The door panels will work but the handles on a Gen1 are slanted down towards the front, where the handles on the Gen2 are pretty much horizontal. It looks kind of funny with the Gen2 panels and the slanted handle but I've seen it done.

swapping the inner handles would give me chrome instead of black. it could stand a little bling inside to match the outside! lol

will the rear interior quarter plastics be a direct swap? i want to get rid of the rear ashtrays since they aren't used for anthing except toys for my 2 and 4 year old.

Members online

No members online now.
Back