What O2 brand works for my car?

Diplomat 1

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a p0133 and p0420 and I have no idea wat is causing the p0133 so I was thinking of changing the o2 out but is there any brand I should stay away from? I would like to use aftermarket like Bosch or ntk if I could or does it have to be motorcraft? Thanks

AFAIK, Bosch should be okay. Personally, I would wait till you replaced all the coils and plugs. There's an ever so slight chance that would clear it up. You might also swap the two O2 sensors and two O2 monitors left to right (and right to left) to see if the issue stays on the same bank (not the O2 sensor/monitor then) or moves to the other bank (then it is most likely the O2 sensor/monitor).

I disagree on the Bosch. They used to make a fine product but the last few I used dropped mileage. Replaced them with OEM parts and my mileage came back. Motorcraft or Delphi are the only two brands I will use for a Ford, preferably Motorcraft.

Ditto Bosch O2 sensors are garbage, might as well get white box parts in that case. Myself I'd support NTK/NGK or OEM.

Oddly enough, This morning I have to go pick up two upstream NTK's for my 97 Maxima which I ordered yesterday. Needed in order to pass a pesky emission test for new tags. For Nissan they actually call out OEM as NTK/NGK's $85CDN x2 plus tax.

I am leaning toward NTK according to Rockauto it's "original equipment". I was reading on this code and it said the cause of this code could be a bad fuel problem but if that was the case wouldn't both the upstream sensors throw codes? If I am correct bank 1 is the passenger side? I will try a new o2 put a bottle of HEAT in the gas tank and replace my coils and hope for the best. Thanks

Note the 02:50min in the vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VZ5K8n5jj0

BTW: this CATACLEAN has some very good reviews as far as results go.

catacleane.jpg

catacleane.jpg

Personally I've always had good luck with Denso. Not the cheapest but always worked great.

Members online

No members online now.
Back