What needs to come out to replace climate control box?

DSMDan

LVC Member
Reaction score
Bare with me, I just got this car and don't like breaking stuff that I'll need to fix later. Now I need to swap out the A/C control box. What's the best method? Thanks.

What year Lincoln Mark VIII do you have? I am assuming your referring to the Climate control head from where you turn the heat and air condition on at.

Basically they are very easy to swap. You pull the unit out and there is a harnass in the back that you disconnect, and then connect the new unit. The whole thing should be a 15 min operation. You can swap between a Lincoln Mark VIII and Lincoln Town Car (maybe the conti also) but you have to be careful, some years domt mix - i.e. a 1993 Lincoln Mark VIII Control Head might not work in a 1998 Lincoln Town car. Im not sure which year fits which - but I think 1wykdmk8 will.

Hope that helps.

It just pulls straight out? I meant which interior pieces do I need to take apart in order to remove/install the thing? Thanks.

Try here for directions. If you have a 93-94 there is pix, if you have any other year it is just directions. :Beer

1wykdmk8 said:
Try here for directions. If you have a 93-94 there is pix, if you have any other year it is just directions. :Beer

Rays directions are great, I did mine, however, its not as easy as it sounds, especially when the factory just gives you enuf wire to get the heater panel out of the dash, it just makes it out, I hope you have skinny fingers. good luck with it.

It is a tight fit. Some will pull out more than others. Mine pulled out just enough to get to the rear connections. The electrical connectors aren't that bad but the vacuum connector is a PITA. IIRC, use a 10mm deepwell socket with your fingers to remove and replace the speednuts on the vacuum harness connector. Don't drop the socket!

Thanks! Between the picture guide and the instructions here it wasn't so bad at all. Boy this 97 unit looks so much better than my cracked 94 unit. And I only paid $37 *shipped* on Ebay! I also took this time to clean up all the nasty dirt that had built up in there from the previous owner. Ahh it looks so much better now.

1wykdmk8 said:
Sounds like you have had this problem???

Is it kinda like not dropping the soap??
:N

LOL! Well, I'm sure I have a tool set under the hood if I could pick the car up and shake it! :wrench

Members online

Back