What model Subwoofer is everyone using??

lamb88ert

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about throwing a single 12inch JL w7 in my LS, or possibly 2 kicker solo barics......I haven't really messed with car audio stuff in a few years, and im not looking to slam around town like i'm gettin ready to compete. At the same time i'd like to have high quality subs and run off the THX nav headunit thats comes with my ls. If anyone is running subs/amp off of the same headunit, your experience would be appreciated. Speaker suggestions also appreciated in advance!

thanks,
lamb88ert

My wife's Altima has a JL w6 12. It sounds real nice, but was quite expensive, and has a foam surround. Our Jeep has some 2001 Infinity Kappa Aluminum 12s. Those subs sound better than anything I have ever had. My LS has a Kicker 15 that I am trying to sort out. The 15 does not hit the higher bass notes that are common in rock (though it pounds the lows), and I am thinking of adding a 12.

Andrizzle is..

I am running a mtx 800 watt 12.. hits damn hard and really goes low for a 12

Which model sub though??

Im pretty sure its a 400rms sub like mine was.

Mine was a 7510-04 svc.

My wife's Altima has a JL w6 12. It sounds real nice, but was quite expensive, and has a foam surround. Our Jeep has some 2001 Infinity Kappa Aluminum 12s. Those subs sound better than anything I have ever had. My LS has a Kicker 15 that I am trying to sort out. The 15 does not hit the higher bass notes that are common in rock (though it pounds the lows), and I am thinking of adding a 12.

I've heard good things about the infinity subs. I def wanna stick with a 12" sub. I'd do a 10"sub before 15. The thx setup has a pretty tight crisp sound and I want crisp responsive subs. thx for response scjmc good luck with the kicker 15&12 combo.

Andrizzle or anyone else....Im sure if I searched enough id find it but does anyone know what company made the headunit and speakers in the "THX certified" system in my 03?

I believe its pioneer....

OP: So you want a sq sub??

Check out Boston Acoustics.

I believe its pioneer....

OP: So you want a sq sub??

Check out Boston Acoustics.

Im glad you brought that up BlackLS.....i saw the boston acoustics on ebay and I thought I recognized that name...

What amp wattage are you pushin in your ride BlackLS?

I blew the sub i had but im testing another one right now at 500rms and once its been broken in a bit ill go up to 600rms.

im running 2 kicker l7s 1 ohm load on a sundown 1000d i get my 1500 next week..overall they hit pretty good

I am running a 12" SSA XCON with my factory THX.

It sounds great, the amp feeds it ~1200 watts. I have the stock woofers in the rear deck removed.

I have a single 15" Memphis M-1 off a Directed 1200D. It is in a custom sealed box. I have an aftermarket headunit and a remote gain by my front seat. I am very happy with my setup.

Single Directed SX12D4 12" sub (600rms rated) wired to 2 ohm load with a Directed 2400d (rated 800rms @ 2 ohm).

Going to get a DC Audio lvl4 xl 12" 2ohm DVC for the same amp. selling the current sub and kenwood 9104d amp to my brother.

i got 2 JL's w7 12s i plan on putting in wit the JL 1000/1 amp wit a pioneer double din indash...wat ya think is it good enuff

meh, not really a fan of jl. Well, there are better subs out there for the money.

okay well i didn't actually buy them i got them in a trade for sum honda rims that i had sittin around

Anytime you get rid of something Honda, you do pretty good.

i got 2 JL's w7 12s i plan on putting in wit the JL 1000/1 amp wit a pioneer double din indash...wat ya think is it good enuff

That's going to be a lot of weight in your trunk. Trust me they will hit hard, people i've seen had a 1000 on each sub though.

got 2 old school orion hcca's in the trunk...

78275.jpg

i dare someone to outpound me lol...unless its with similar subs in a better vehicle/box setup

need more power! at least 1000 to each like the other members suggested.

ill be running a Digital Designs 9512e with a memphis 1500d.

Members online

No members online now.
Back