What LS features will your next car NOT have?

my point is the rain sensor can be turned off. completely off, if you dont like it. also there is an intermitten setting which is exactly like the delay setting on any other car on the planet. you can choose a 24 second delay all the way up to no delay at all!!!

shokher said:
my point is the rain sensor can be turned off. completely off, if you dont like it. also there is an intermitten setting which is exactly like the delay setting on any other car on the planet. you can choose a 24 second delay all the way up to no delay at all!!!
There is no such intermittent setting on the '04s with the moisture-sensing wipers. I can tell you that for a fact. You can change the "sensitivity" on the rain-sensing function, but there is no traditional intermittent setting.

dkegel said:
REALLY?! You had an '04 with this feature? It's my understanding that '03 was the last year for this. The feature was discontinued. My '04 V8 Ultimate doesn't have them. Maybe a few early '04s got out before they pulled the plug on the feature.
They killed it in mid-'04. I'm not sure if it was a Job 2 change or a running change; my '04 had both the rain-sensing wipers and the SAT button on the stereo. Mine was built in November, '03.

my 03 doesn't have the intermittnet either. just rain-sense...or "rain-guess"

SoonerLS said:
They killed it in mid-'04. I'm not sure if it was a Job 2 change or a running change; my '04 had both the rain-sensing wipers and the SAT button on the stereo. Mine was built in November, '03.

Interesting, thanks. Mine was built in January 04. No rain sensing wipers, but it does have SAT on the radio. Did they get rid of the satellite option sometime during the 04 model year run as well?

Dave

dkegel said:
Interesting, thanks. Mine was built in January 04. No rain sensing wipers, but it does have SAT on the radio. Did they get rid of the satellite option sometime during the 04 model year run as well?
Nope; they added it during the '04 run.

sat button on the radio means the sat receiver is installed.

beaups said:
sat button on the radio means the sat receiver is installed.
Only on the THX/Nav system. On the Audiophile system, it only means that the head unit is Sirius-ready; it may or may not have the Sirius unit installed (it's a physical button, not a software button).

the "Low Fuel" Alert in the message center and beep... Yes I know when I'm low on fuel I usually keep it pretty full, but occasionaly, usually out with a girl and it's got like quarter tank and I know I'm fine, it's keep beeping over and over and over, it's not that big of a deal but that drives me crazy.... I'm not a fan of the auto in this car, it gets "confused" too easily. If you make un unpredictable throttle move (get on it, than let off for a sec and get back on it) it freaks out, shifts and hesitates like crazy searching for a gear. and yeah the overactive advancetrac. I Loved the auto wipers.

i thought that bleeding the brakes would get rid of the spongy feeling? i havent gotten around to it yet but wont it help?

I forgot the most important LS feature of all that my next car won't have. A V8 with so few performance mods available.

Wow why are you guy driving a Lux car if you don't like the features I mean if you want basic no frills transportation get a Focus. I for one have often thought how screwed I am now that I've been pampered by my LS I cant go back. So instead I will list the reasons why the next car I have MUST have some of the features you guy are bitching about.

Auto Wipers I love them 9 time out of 10 they come on before I even realize I should put them on.

Easy Entry more like easy exit for me I love it.

Advantrack have only had it kick in a few times in the rain and damm am I glad it did

SST I use it almost every day. Someone mentioned engine braking that what 3ed for.

ok the msg. center bitching about the fuel every 10 min is annoying but I'll take it over an idiot light any-day.

I like the way the brakes feel I cant stand it when the petal is hard as a rock its a pedal not a on/off switch but thats personal preference and if you don't like it you can always install the steal bradded lines that ought stiffen up the pedal plenty.

About the only complaint I have is the steering wheel controls. I don't know what someone was thinking, but they should have reversed them. Every Ford with cruise control for the last 25 years (or more) has the accel/decel buttons on the right. For the Lincoln, they put them on the left. I can't count how many times I've tried to accel or decel using the cruise and changed the volume on the radio. Dumb!. For Ford owners like myself that might also have an Explorer or a Taurus in the family (or any othe number of Fords), this is very annoying.

Dave

Midas78 said:
Are you guys kidding about the auto-sensing wipers? Just turn the knob out of the auto position. At least you can do that on the '00.

This car has spoiled me, now every car has to have the same features. The leather, auto-wipers, auto seat adjustments, no engine-braking (thats what the pedal is for), rolling all the windows down at once to let out the FL heat, etc.

i too have been spoiled, spoiled to the point where i hate riding in most of my friends cars. and i love the auto wipers, its always fun when someone who doesnt know i have them sees them come on without me hitting a switch.

Silver02Sport said:
Auto Wipers I love them 9 time out of 10 they come on before I even realize I should put them on.
I like the concept of auto-wipers, I just don't like the implementation, at least as they existed on my '04. They were nice when they'd automatically kick up to high as a truck splashed water on the windshield, but they were absolutely useless in light rain, and they left me with no intermittent settings to compensate. That, and their strange tendency to be wiping along nicely in a moderate rain, then, with no major change in the precip, suddenly stop wiping, pause a second to catch their breath, then start wiping again... :confused:

In light rain they are so so but a good coat of rain-x helps a lot that and when its light I usually just just tap the one pass. till the autos kick in. Other then that I have never had any issues with them. but I have the same controller as shokher so I still have intermittent.

Members online

No members online now.
Back