What kind of spider is this?

Was just about to take my car apart to help catmech with a detail and looky what I caught! (was just INCHES from my hand, crawling up the garage steps guard rail) Guess this silly Brit has a way of attracting BAD things!

blackwidowlightedpic.gif

blackwidow.jpg

Funny thing is, I caught it and took it up the yard to let it out humanely. Darn thing jumped at me! Suffice to say, I ran off like a lil' girl! :p Will collect the glass I used tomorrow! :shifty:

You wuss j/k :p :D :p :D

Well, spiders scare me stiff anyway AND I've never, ever seen a widow before! I NEED to go back into the garage to help catmech with something, but I'll wait a while. I'm gonna have to clear the garage out good!

LMAO - you wouldn't want that old thing pepps. Besides, probably be full of horrid spiders! LOL.

Lol, Pete.

That's cool catmech. Been so long ago since I did that project, figured I'd have to open it all up again. Was it a brown wire with blue stripe?

Haha... Must be my LvC dedication! Lol.

lololol, im not scared of spiders. but when your working on a car and one dropps off the bill of your hat, you hit your head on the hood!

Spiders have always given me the heebie geebies.
I have a question , and hope someone has the answer.
I see these brown spiders hainging from the tree that I built my deck around, but only once the sun goes down.and it gets dark.
Most are small, but I did see one last year that was about the size of a silver dollar.
They have that big round body like a black widow.
I sprayed the trees last year andI guess I should do it this year too.
I am curious what these spiders are called.
I would google it, but I would need a name in order to do that.
Bob.

:q:q:q:q YOU THREAD :q:q:q:q YOU

As many have said, im going to run out this bitch like a little girl now.

I love spiders, like Calabrio said; they kill other bugs. Pepp, that avitar is almost mezmerizing:confused: :shifty: :D . We get some huge spiders up north too, but nothing like those friggin camel spiders. My wife hates that I practice catch and release with the spiders in our home. As far as the spider wars, I confess I used to build three chambered Lego arenas and use earwigs and centipedes and my favorite-huge carpenter ants vs any huge spiders I could find to battle. Don't worry,I'm much better now.:D :slam My daughter wants a tarantula but no way with the wife so she just has a pair of super rats for now.:shifty: This is starting to sound weird so I'm going to bed. Nite.;)

Had to check the post I missed while typing, that spider made my body shiver(cool) and the recluse bite looks like a vagina/thumb transplant gone wrong...............I know, I need some sleep:( , later.

Spiders have always given me the heebie geebies.
I have a question , and hope someone has the answer.
I see these brown spiders hainging from the tree that I built my deck around, but only once the sun goes down.and it gets dark.
Most are small, but I did see one last year that was about the size of a silver dollar.
They have that big round body like a black widow.
I sprayed the trees last year andI guess I should do it this year too.
I am curious what these spiders are called.
I would google it, but I would need a name in order to do that.
Bob.

Hard to say without a pic. I'm thinking, if they resemble a black widow, could possibly be brown widows?

http://www.badspiderbites.com/brown-widow-spider/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latrodectus_geometricus

Members online

No members online now.
Back