What Is Your MPG?

Sifrino3

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I started driving my car yesterday. Havn't drove Sifrino in some time. So, I drove Sifrino all day yesterday and figured I would drive it through the weekend. My regular is 19.1mpg. But all yesterday and today its been stuck at or above 19.6mpg. Not a bad thing. But must be the wheather or something. We really don't have snow here. But the last time I drove her. It was in the 50-60 degrees. Now around mid 70s to 80s. Im happy and just speaking out loud. Put a good 100 miles on her and took her out last night. Beating a very nice looking/sounding Eclipes. Also, got a comment from a restored SS Camaro guy. While sitting at a light. He said, "your car sounds great. What are you running in it?" I said, "Five-ohh."

My hoods off as of now. Getting ready to do some work. His car was beautiful, to bad there were cops at every corner. (It seemed like) Didn't see him after that. A very nice two days while drive my baby. Good to get her out of the garage!

LOL Consider yourself lucky -- I get about 13-14 mpg

Of course, 90% of my driving is stop n go, and when I go I GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO---------------!!!!!

:V

21.5 mpg... mostly highway with occasional city and stop and go.

I'm reading 21.4 mpg right now. That's with about 3,000 miles into it. That is 200 mile trips on the highway through the mountains, as well as beating around town, with a lot of stop-n-go traffic. I get 23-25 on the highway most times, and 18-20 city. I bested 26+ when I made the 9 hour run north to RI two years ago.

Joeychgo said:
LOL Consider yourself lucky -- I get about 13-14 mpg

Of course, 90% of my driving is stop n go, and when I go I GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO---------------!!!!!

:V

Same here, Mine has been fluctuating between 15.3-15.6 MPG...

I pulled the car in. Just after getting on it. With an older 350z. And it reads 20.2mpg. It just gets better! I hit 20 mpg for the first time in city driving!

I took my car to Vegas last year and averaged 21-22 on the freeway, but I get about 17 in the city... Pretty good I think for a 12 year old car... :cool:

I drove nearly 1,000 miles from Litchfield, IL to Holden Beach, NC and averaged 27 mpg in my totally stock 91 LSC. :N

It was beautiful!

Now on the other hand I think I get around 10 mpg in the 84 Hot Rod Lincoln...Ouch!!! :eek:

Scott

1990 - 16
1989 - 18
1988 - 22
1984 - ?
1976 - 12 (grey)
1976 - 12 (yellow)
1974 - 9

All numbers are estimated AVERAGES.

For the longest time I was getting about 12. Then I finally got off my ass and tuned the old guy up.....new ACT and ECT really helped, along with just about every other damn sensor! Before I started ripping him up, Tubby was getting 18 or so in the city and 21-22 on the highway. Drop each number by 4 when Im driving frisky though.... :L

19.0 MPG in my 02' Conti. That's with WOT and excessive speeds... :D

You guys should try Mystery Oil in your gas tank, that stuff works awesome! I usually get just under 16 mpg.... Used Marvel Mystery Oil this weekend and gained about a mpg!!! The bottle lasts for a couple of tank fulls too.... :cool:

Sifrino3 said:
I do not see why some of you get bad gas miledge. . .
Yo.
Now you sound like Disney :)
Everybody needs to stop doing an average (the number you read at the end of the day) and do an actual (with the cruise control on at 55 on flat land, then select RESET and then FUEL ECONOMY).

Your average number takes into consideration that you just accelerated to beat out the SUV and also that you sat a railroad crossing for 15 minutes. In that case, we should all be about 9 - 14.

eh, give or take 20 highway if im crusing at NORMAL speeds. 14 to 18 in towns and cites. espically around philiy. :D

In all city driving I've been getting 17.5-18 mpg with a ton of stop-and-go traffic. That's not too bad in my book!

My avg, according to the screen in my 98 is 22.5 Long Island/Manhattan so literally a mix of City/Rural... The Caddy is exactly 20.0

Members online

No members online now.
Back