What Is Your MPG?

mespock said:
I'm getting 21 to 24 average mpgs on my '85. I have not averaged under 20 mpgs since I've owned this Mark - But thats only ben 3 weeks

I live in rual Wisconsin with mostly hwy and country roads. Some stop and go around town but not like in the cities.

A lot of my average is on the hwy going to Madison.

16 to 17 mpg in town and 19 to 20 on the highway. :give :beer: :smilies-3

Sifrino3 said:
I do not see why some of you get bad gas miledge. . .
Bro.
It's for the same reason that that YOU did a year ago!

Should I dig up those nasty little threads from 2003?!?!?!

Your car is now tuned quite well. Why not tell people what you did to get better gas mileage?

Info center shows 15.2 now. On the highway I get 20-21. Around town, maybe 13-14.

That's with a 5 speed, 4.10s, more oil in the combustion chamber than gas and me beating the hell out of the car everyday. :D

NYC LSC said:
Info center shows 15.2 now. On the highway I get 20-21. Around town, maybe 13-14.

That's with a 5 speed, 4.10s, more oil in the combustion chamber than gas and me beating the hell out of the car everyday. :D
It's things like that that make me smile. :yourock:

I'm getting about 23MPG on highway (65-70MPH) and 13 in city for a mean on 18.8 right now. If I slow down to 55, then it goes up to 28MPG. Having as much aerodynamism than a brick sure helps... :wink:

"edit" stupid me... Haven't look at the thread being in Lincoln... LOL

Asakha said:
I'm getting about 23MPG on highway (65-70MPH) and 13 in city for a mean on 18.8 right now. If I slow down to 55, then it goes up to 28MPG. Having as much aerodynamism than a brick sure helps... :wink:

"edit" stupid me... Haven't look at the thread being in Lincoln... LOL

HAHAHAHA! Glad you said it not one of 'us' ;)

How are you getting 30.2?!? I made a 760 mile round trip to PA last week, and got 24.0mpg with an average speed of 61.9mph.

JoshMcMadMac said:
How are you getting 30.2?!? I made a 760 mile round trip to PA last week, and got 24.0mpg with an average speed of 61.9mph.

When your car is on the back of a wrecker MPG goes up dramaticaly! :ban:

I ran 24.8-25.2 on a 757 mi trip to Chicago last week @75-80mph.
And 22.8 on a 300 mi trip to Warren today, so that was about 15
miles of stop and go in the city. 3.27 gears help big time on fuel on
the highway. Ain't worth a s#!% for get up and go!!

Last edited:
Oh, and for what it's worth, the '95 will do 30 or so on the highway. Those cars get WAY better gas mileage than the VIIs. So to say I find that 30.2MPG in a VII BS would be an understatement. :D

20.5 mpg highway in my Expedition at 5600lbs curb weight and 1200 pound payload. 27-28 mpg all highway in my '98 Mark VIII.

Before I swapped gears: 16 After gear swap: 20 and that's only if I keep my foot out of it and that's hard to do.

Bad69Cad said:
u are all lucky i get the great 6 mpg on my cadillac plus it only likes to drink supreme =(

Yup, 6 sounds about right. Good thing it has a big tank....

91LSC SE said:
I ran 24.8-25.2 on a 757 mi trip to Chicago last week @75-80mph.
And 22.8 on a 300 mi trip to Warren today, so that was about 15
miles of stop and go in the city. 3.27 gears help big time on fuel on
the highway. Ain't worth a s#!% for get up and go!!

Sorry for sounding really amateur-like.. but how does one get these gears? I'd like to increase my MPG as well.

Gears do no increase mpg. They will make them go down. But depending on how you drive it. You could gain mpgs if you stay off the throttle I guess. Since you are using less power to turn the wheels. But how many people do that?

That depends on what you start with. Just because someone says they put 'gears' in the car doesn't mean they lowered the ratio. They may have started with 3.73's and went to 3.27's. That would definitely increase the fuel economy.

Sifrino3 said:
Gears do no increase mpg. They will make them go down. But depending on how you drive it. You could gain mpgs if you stay off the throttle I guess. Since you are using less power to turn the wheels. But how many people do that?

On my Town Car (1990) I get 19.4 in city, and 339 for distance on full tank :)

On Highway I get 22.1, and 370 for distance

Members online

No members online now.
Back