What is Your Favorite Town Car Style?

What is your favorite Town Car Styling years?

• Total voters
I like the 03+. they just look so refined, great interior. I hate the 98-02 door panels, cup holders and front end.

Well, I am 22 years old, and I like HUGE cars, but my age also sparks the need for a sporty look, the '98-'02 Lincoln Towncar combines both concepts. When I park my '99 next to my father's '97, it looks like the old man, vs. the young ALIVE teenager. I like the round look, even though I do miss the hood emblem; and it looks like a long sports car.

def like the 95-97 style, but i have a special place in my heart for the 80's town car.....98-02's IMHO are just down right fugly!!! They look awkward and bloaty

the 1996 has just about the best style of any town car but what can i say, i do have the diamond anniversary edition i just wish the sell phone could still be used.

I really dig the modern body styles. (03-now) They are so smooth and elegant. Plus you can get away with driving a cheaper 03-05 and still have the current body style. Plus its definantly one o the best why else would they keep it the style so long:D :D

Tie game!

I am a big fan of all the 97 and newer styles.

If I were to buy one of the newest styles i'd get an 03-05 like Kyle said, they are actually quite affordable compared to buying near new.

The 95-97 go well with my rims and stuff better than the newer round ones I feel however.

1970's with 76-79 better. i'd have to take a way a few points from the 79's due to no 460 being available. why? gobs of torque and lots of room of course gas mileage is horrible but i don't drive my 1977 TC too often or too far. your poll has no selection older than 80's. scott
ssmith440@hotmail.com

I just purchased a 04 town car and I love it , but my all time fav style is the 88 year i dont know why I just love them

1970's with 76-79 better. i'd have to take a way a few points from the 79's due to no 460 being available. why? gobs of torque and lots of room of course gas mileage is horrible but i don't drive my 1977 TC too often or too far. your poll has no selection older than 80's. scott
ssmith440@hotmail.com

Well the TC was tied in with the Continental before the 80s.

I just kinda made the list for when TCs became their own model.

This is why I ended up with a '89, I couldn't pass her up she's spotless!

towncar003.jpg

towncar045.jpg

80's Lincolns

I have to say my favorite Town Car is the 89 Signature Series and the Cartier. I own an 86 Cartier and also an 83 Mark VI Executive 4 door sedan. The Town Cars and Mark VI's of the eighties have the classic looks and lines of all the Lincolns that came before them. They look like a Lincoln which is something that I can't say about the new ones. It is a huge disappointment that the 2011 Town Car will be last of the classic Lincolns. The TC's and Mark VI's also deliver a nice ride similar to the Lincolns that preceded them but also gave decent fuel economy which the cars before them didn't deliver. The 5.0 engine has plenty of power is is very durable. The AOD transmission leaves a bit to be desired but I guess nothing is perfect. I also would like to note that I think that with each new generation of the TC from 1980 to 2011 that the mid generation restyle was always better looking than the original. However if I could only own one Lincoln, my favorite of all would be a Lincoln Mark VI Signature Series or Cartier 4 Door sedan in burgandy with a white and red leather interior. In my mind there is nothing better. Gregg

I actually prefer the 98 to 02 model over the last of the series. This is despite the 03-10 having cleaner lines: the first of the rounded Town Cars has what I call "Classic Car Looks" meaning that it already looks like it will be parked in a Collector Car concours d'elegance line-up at this early date. And the day these are officially "classics" it will look a lot cooler than their more streamlined modern successor, as their styling is throwing back to the 50's vintage days when cars allowed themselves some bulges to show off their lines.

I almost traded mine in for a late model TC in the same color, it belonged to an elderly man who however did drive it hard as I once followed him in town. It had half my miles and was kept mint and dealer maintained. But when push came to shove it didn't have the same emotional appeal and felt more Crown Vic ish to me.

Now if you see my name you'll notice I haven't got anything againts Crown Vic, having owned one since 1993 which I am currently dropping a Marauder crate engine into. But although the superior ride of the last in the series really won me over, I find the styling of the first 'bloated' roundish Towncar to be the one who will become most wanted in future times.

My brother bought a low-mile gold on gold 97 Diamond Series and it has an incredible ride where you can drive fast over speed bumps without feeling them. It is really a great car and one to treasure, but style-wise I prefer the rounder looks of the last two series. Inside it's the roomiest and most comfortable for sure, maybe the last of the great boulevard cruisers. To the opposite the last cars from 03-10 are grand touring road cars that are kings of the highway, offering far better road manners and handling. So it is really hard to set one apart as the best, so I stick to my choice based on the one criterion of this survey: Styling. Choice is 98-02 which brought to the TC the Retro round styling.

Vic

80's for me. Hey, in Vegas it's all about how many bodies you can fit in the trunk....WITH the shovel. AND its got air assist shock absorbers so the bulls are none the wiser while you're driving out to the "meeting place".

Members online

No members online now.
Back