What is this part called ans is it important?

96mark8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello I picked up an old 97 Mark VIII an while ago that I am slowly starting to build. Can anyone tell me the name of this hockey puck shaped canister that was attached to the back of the fuel tank? I broke it removing the tank and I can't seem to figure out what it is called. My old 96 definitely did not have this installed so I am wondering if it is that important anyways.

Any help would be great thanks!
thumbnail.jpg

Can you post more pictures? Looks like an EVAP valve.

It is important. You will get a CEL and kill off the last of the short-tailed chinchillas in South America.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help! I was able to find another description online and that guy said that it was a set of "Evap hoses" based off what you said landyachts and this other guys description I think I will just try to jb weld it back together. It is my understanding that it is just vapors that travel through theses hoses so I am hoping that jb weld will be good enough.

Not just vapors. The car will allow the EVAP system to be drawn down to engine-vacuum to test for leaks. You could get a check engine light if it is not able to hold vacuum.

Hope for the best, though.

Members online

No members online now.
Back