What is the fastest Mark VIII stock?

A Tenth Can Be A Car Length

Tune On 93 Is Really Not Noticeable To A Dza1 Tune. The 93-95 Had Less Emmission Components And The Lsc With 10hp More Due To Exhaust Is More Than Typical Mods Give You Like K&n Ect. Plus The Gear Ratio And The Lsc Just Looks Faster Too. Bottom Line Allot Of Mags Tested Only The 93 And 0-60 Ranged From 6.6-7.3. Must Be The Driver, Altitude Difference, Gas, Or An Idiot Behind The Wheel To Give These Differences. But With 10hp And Better Gear Ratio I Would Estimate 2-3 Tenths Quicker For The Lsc Minimum.

The Discussion Was The Fastest Stock Mark, Even If It Is By 1 Thousands Of A Second, A Win Is A Win.

Any Mark Is A Good Mark......

mespock said:
I doubt you can really tell the difference between the years

+1 - we're talking maybe a tenth or two between the 93-96s, which is hardly noticeable. And when you mod them, you usually start with gears, exhaust, and a tune anyway.

I do not believe that the LSC is faster. Simple reason is that it shifts into 3rd (and lockup) before the finish line where as the base model finishes in 2nd gear. This should negate the slight gearing and HP advantage that it has. You would have to run a 14.3 bone dead stock to be .3 faster than I was, and the car had more in it and was running with a sticking brake caliper and bad waterpump.

You tell 'em marked8...

I know what you are talking about...

Weird thing is - I have a 93, 94, and 95 Mark VIII. None are LSC's.

What I find strange is where each shifts into 2nd and 3rd.

94 hits 2nd quicker than my 95... 94 keeps pulling like crazy. Never raced them against each other but both seem fast.. I doubt you can really tell the difference between the years, although the 94 sure pulls strong..

I haven't driven the 93 hard for a while so I can't really compare it. It's living life easier now with 210K miles on her.

It Is Definetely Hard To Tell The Difference Between 2-3 Tenths Of A Second. The Real Deal Here Is These Are All Used Cars We Are Driving And Most Of Us Are Not Origional Owner, So 93 94 Or 95 Unless Tested New From Factory There Are To Many Variables To Race Against Now Or Compare, Bottom Line They Had Same Tranny And Motor, But The Lsc Had The Most Hp, 10hp, But Had More Torque And At Lower Rpms, Plus The Shorter Gear, Technically This Should Be The Fastest.

My Black 95lsc Is Way Faster Than The 95 Ivory Pearl I Have And Thats Not An Lsc Both Around 60k And Both 2 Owners, Kinda Mood Point Since Most Of Us Mod It Out Anyway, Plus The Lsc Had A More Aggressive Suspension Tune As Well, The Lsc Is Like A "gt" Version, Afterall Lsc Is Luxery Sport Coupe, Key Word Sport, Is It A Huge Deal, No, But Stock Vrs Stock It Is Way Better.. Just An Opinion And A Little Common Sence With The Technology Part, Like Shorter Gears.

Bottom Line, A Mark Is A Mark And Like A Brotherhood Mark Viii Owners Stick Together Promoting All Marks.

Definetely An Interesting Debate, But After Common Mods Like Chip, Exhaust, Intake And Gears, Stock Really Is A Distant Memory Anyway And Most Of Us Dont Intend On Keeping Our Marks Bone Stock Anyway So Really Just For Sake Of Debating, Like Ford Chevy, Even Though I Would Walk Before I Sit In A Chevy.

Chevrolet Stands For: Cracked Head Every Valve Rattles Oil Leaks Every Time. Tired Of Hearing The Ford Jokes So Kinda Like That One, One Point For Ford Owners On That One.. Peace Out

Please don't start with those. They're so retarded.

Anyway how come when I quoted mespock my post showed up before his??

MediumD said:
Please don't start with those. They're so retarded.

Anyway how come when I quoted mespock my post showed up before his??

you have the power to bend time and space??:confused:

MediumD said:
+1 - we're talking maybe a tenth or two between the 93-96s, which is hardly noticeable.

.1 or .2 may not SEEM to be noticeable, but in the real world or at the dragstrip the car that is .1-.2 behind me would NOTICE the nice sleek tailights about 1-2 CAR LENGTHS ahead.

Tiffany's 93 with stock gears and no tune would run door handle to door handle with my 95 that has 373's and a good solid Jerry Tune.

The ET differences between her car and mine are within .02 -.05
hers is stock, mine has about a grand in mods.

The 95 was more responsive than my 96 USED to be. Now that I can chirp third though, I am happy again :)

XLRVIII said:
.1 or .2 may not SEEM to be noticeable, but in the real world or at the dragstrip the car that is .1-.2 behind me would NOTICE the nice sleek tailights about 1-2 CAR LENGTHS ahead.

I'm looking at it from the standpoint of someone who's going to mod their car, because I am (and have.) I'm saying it's not worthwhile to look for a 93 just because it had a more aggressive tune from the factory if you're going to do an aftermarket tune anyway. Get it?

The Fastest Mark VIII

I think I've seen that it is the '95 LSC, but I'm not sure. And the Super Mark doesn't count.:)

Hey Caveman the fastest Mark VIII'S are the '93 and '94 models I had a 1993 Mark VIII and it ripped my '88 5.0 mustang a new a-hole,I have a 1997 Mark VIII AND IT DON'T have the balls the 1993 had.I had to replace the engine in the '93 because the local jiffy lube didn't tighten the drain plug one winter and I threw a rod.And when to find a replacment engine only another '93 or a '94 engine would do.The '93&'94 are compatable the '95&'96 are and the '97& 98 are compatable to each other.The first commercial of the '93 Mark VIII was of it racing an F-16 Fighter Jet.&That says it all!!!!!

Members online

Back