What is the fastest Mark VIII stock?

The answer I hear most often is that it's the '93 Lincoln Mark VIII.

But we're talking tenths of a second, on a good day difference.

'93's have the most aggressive computer timing.

I think 14.6 @ 96 is as fast as I've seen 'completely stock' right from the factory.

ive heard somewhere that DZA1 is the most agressive tune.

this is whats on my 95

MonsterMark said:
'93's have the most aggressive computer timing.

I think 14.6 @ 96 is as fast as I've seen 'completely stock' right from the factory.

hrm. my 95 did this.

DZA1 is not the most agressive tune, the 93 computers have the most agressive tune stock but not compared to a SCT chip tune. My 95 LSC with the DZA1 only went 14.9 at 95mph stock but ran 13.8 with gears and a few other bolt ons with the same 60 foot time as stock.

if i could get my hands on a 93 computer id be happy to test them back to back.

DZA1's are said to be the most aggressive non 93 computers,kinda like best of the rest,but the difference is probably marginal,nothing like the differences from 93 to say 96-98.

ALL Gen 1's run near identical times. 93-96. Walt's 96 went a 14.79 @96 stock. The 93-95's I feel have a slightly better shft and are slightly more aggressive.

turborich said:
Will a 93 computer plug right into a 95 without any problems?

yes absolutley;i have a 93 on my 95 since january,
my 95 was a DZA1 i didnt notice difference,but i didnt trac test it yet either.

Moes8 said:
yes absolutley;i have a 93 on my 95 since january,
my 95 was a DZA1 i didnt notice difference,but i didnt trac test it yet either.
Cool, thanks! I might pick one up at the pic a part next time i'm out there.

95lsc the fastest

The 95 LSC is the fastest, as it had 3.27 gears and true dual exhaust and OBD I diagnostics. I have a 95LSC with a DZA1 computer and I have a 95 regular with a DZA1 compuer. But with the rear gears and duals, this is the only OBD I mark 8 LSC, 96-98 are OBD II and have more emission crap on them. I have owned several marks and the 93 is definetely 2nd, and not by that much but logic says the rear gears and duals with that extra 10-20 HP will perform better...

The key is improving over stock and going faster, isnt that the name of the game ??:cool: :cool:

I would find it hard to believe a 93 is faster than a 95 LSC. I don't have any first hand knowledge but a slightly more agressive tune shouldn't do more than a shorter gear + dual exhaust?

I dunno brent. When I put your Base 3.07's in my old 98, I noticed NO difference in anything other than overall cruise RPM.

I don't really consider any VIII faster than the other, untill you start throwing mods on them. 1 or 2 tenths is nothing for me.

Members online

Back