What is it about Lincoln Mark VIII Owners?

when I first got my car and it still had the temp tags on it a guy pulled alongside me, who also had a gen2 (but black) with temp tags on it, he smiled at me then we drove alongside for a bit til one of us turned

With all due respect Frogman, some of us are new to this site and to these wonderful cars. Please don't try to wreck our enthusiasm by being a cranky old fart! Remember you were new here once upon a time...
I'll be stepping off of my soapbox now.:soapbox:

cranky old fart! :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

If I did a search for cranky old fart does it come up Frogman?

Frogman wacks mespock:slap:

Do any of you guys get the our cars are the same but mine is faster, lets drag?

I get more people rolling their eyes and dumb looks from people that dont know what a Mark VIII is, That is until I spank that ass and I get my respect from them, but from other Mark VIII owners I get the thumbs up or a wave.

Umm not I just get the that's an old guys car..

uhhhh well, Rich have you looked in thr mirror....YOUR AN OLD GUY!

and I think I am gonna do a SEARCH for all threads older than 1 year and ask "how do I get my doors to stop being jars...."

I know that is a question that we hear often - but I ASKED IT! and if it weren't for that question I would not have found and fell in love with LVC. No one posted "hey do a search A-hole", if so, I probably wouldn't even own a Mark now. That one little no brainer question let me see that there are others that love Marks like I do, some even more. So I joined, and now you have no hope of gettin rid of me!

Will you try to be more welcoming to our newbies? Even if they don't join or come back, it is nice to know that someone can come here and be treated with respect and not talked down to. You have a lot of good info to share, and a lot to learn from others too (maybe not all about cars!). To say nothing of referring a professional business man, woman and even auto shops to the site, to only have them be greeted by the likes of Scrooge McDuck is not my idea of a nice place to visit, nor someplace I want to share with others as a great site to meet kind, smart and generous people.

Go ahead - stomp me, I'm used to you - but leave the newbies alone, save your nasty side for your alone time.

Smooches.....Hottie!
MsM8

I'm rubber your glue what you say bounces off me and sticks to you !

uhhhh well, Rich have you looked in thr mirror....YOUR AN OLD GUY!

and I think I am gonna do a SEARCH for all threads older than 1 year and ask "how do I get my doors to stop being jars...."

I know that is a question that we hear often - but I ASKED IT! and if it weren't for that question I would not have found and fell in love with LVC. No one posted "hey do a search A-hole", if so, I probably wouldn't even own a Mark now. That one little no brainer question let me see that there are others that love Marks like I do, some even more. So I joined, and now you have no hope of gettin rid of me!

Will you try to be more welcoming to our newbies? Even if they don't join or come back, it is nice to know that someone can come here and be treated with respect and not talked down to. You have a lot of good info to share, and a lot to learn from others too (maybe not all about cars!). To say nothing of referring a professional business man, woman and even auto shops to the site, to only have them be greeted by the likes of Scrooge McDuck is not my idea of a nice place to visit, nor someplace I want to share with others as a great site to meet kind, smart and generous people.

Go ahead - stomp me, I'm used to you - but leave the newbies alone, save your nasty side for your alone time.

Smooches.....Hottie!
MsM8

I'm rubber your glue what you say bounces off me and sticks to you !

I think I love you:D
Sincerely
A. Newbie

I think you miss the whole point of my telling people to search... Ever heard of the saying "Feed a man fish for a day and he'll come back to be fed tomorrow? Teach him how to fish, and he'll feed himself"?

The noobs sign up, and damned near demand you tell them what's wrong with thier car in their first post. That, or they ask silly questions that even an Import "tuner" knows the answers to.

What does a "professional" have to do with how I welcome people? A "professional" person should have more sense than to expect typical answers handed to them. I have never been a "scrooge" to people saying "hello" here. I've only been one to the likes who don't know what "search first and questions after" means. Well... either they don't know what it means, or they just don't care because they expect things to be catered to them.

Tell you what... YOU waste your time answering the n00bs' questions, Debbie. I'll just try to help the noobs who have actually searched and did some homework before asking why the "door Open" message stays on after closing the door... and similar questions. Deal?

Oh, and please... I hate to ask you again, and I don't mean any disrespect, but don't call me a "Hottie". A "hottie" is a 20 something, good looking woman. I'm neither. :p

:lol:

Yep... pepperman --- the knight in shining armor that nobody asked for on LvC

:lol:

I think you could "teach the man how to fish" a little more pleasently. For example instead of saying, "Do a search" you could say "I think the problem can be solved with a simple can of WD-40. If you do a quick search I'm sure this has been discussed before." We should welcome new folks. If the bottom line is that this is a "waste of your time" as you say, then don't post to threads that waste your time. You aren't obligated to reply. Reply to stuff YOU want to talk about. I think you'll enjoy the site more too!!!

I think you miss the whole point of my telling people to search... Ever heard of the saying "Feed a man fish for a day and he'll come back to be fed tomorrow? Teach him how to fish, and he'll feed himself"?

The noobs sign up, and damned near demand you tell them what's wrong with thier car in their first post. That, or they ask silly questions that even an Import "tuner" knows the answers to.

What does a "professional" have to do with how I welcome people? A "professional" person should have more sense than to expect typical answers handed to them. I have never been a "scrooge" to people saying "hello" here. I've only been one to the likes who don't know what "search first and questions after" means. Well... either they don't know what it means, or they just don't care because they expect things to be catered to them.

Tell you what... YOU waste your time answering the n00bs' questions, Debbie. I'll just try to help the noobs who have actually searched and did some homework before asking why the "door Open" message stays on after closing the door... and similar questions. Deal?

Oh, and please... I hate to ask you again, and I don't mean any disrespect, but don't call me a "Hottie". A "hottie" is a 20 something, good looking woman. I'm neither. :p

Oh gosh... Pepperman is going to post next... Frogman posted against Debi LOL...

Oh no you don't! I know better, Mespock... I may fear no man, but I know better when it comes to women. Have you ever seen a pissed off woman? I mean, a TRULY pissed off woman? I have... they're not fun. So, I try not to piss them off.

Ofcourse, I'm talking about Debbi, not Pepp. :p

I think you could "teach the man how to fish" a little more pleasently. For example instead of saying, "Do a search" you could say "I think the problem can be solved with a simple can of WD-40. If you do a quick search I'm sure this has been discussed before."

You have a good point there about telling them to do a search nicely. But I'm willing to bet you once you tell them to use WD-40, they still won't search. They'll just ask something like "Ok, so what do you do with this WD-40?" It's just the nature of some people. They EXPECT stuff, (answers in our case), to be handed to them. Not all people are like this, ofcourse... just the younger generation who grew up with mommy and daddy giving them practically anything they wanted.

We should welcome new folks. If the bottom line is that this is a "waste of your time" as you say, then don't post to threads that waste your time. You aren't obligated to reply. Reply to stuff YOU want to talk about. I think you'll enjoy the site more too!!!

I do welcome new folks when I see them post in the welcome wagon saying "hi" and not asking questions right off the bat. I don't do it as often as say, Pepp, but I do try to welcome them. I know I'm not obligated to reply, that is true. But such is my personality that I will reply... whether it's to help someone out, or whether it's to tell them to search. As far as enjoying LvC, if I didn't enjoy LvC, I'd have been long gone to another forum by now.

And I can respect Pepp being protective of Debbi. No quarrels with that whatsoever.

Oh, I prolly derailed the thread... I'm good at taking threads Off Topic. Some might say it's a gift. However, technically we're still talking about Lincolns and owners. n00bs, and all... they're lincoln owners, no? :p

I'm scared to ask any question any more, I might get told to try searching. I don't think anyone could insult me any more than telling me to search, it really trully offends me and makes me cry.:p

This thing about Mark VIII owners, must be something in the water or the Beer. :shifty:

See! look how nice you really are! Now I could reply to each of your paragraphs, but it is a conversation that won't end. Just three things:

1- You don't have to reply.
2-Teaching someone how to fish does not have to include taking their eye out with the hook on your first cast demonstration to them.

3- From the urban dictionary, and I did not search for this particular definition, I googled, it was my first hit, opened the website this was the first definition:

hottie365 up, 71 downA very attractive person; can be either male or female.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hottie

I've got a several girlfriends and let me tell you when we see a dude that is hot, we call him a Hottie.....and I have to admit, I did refer to you as a Hottie because I know it gets your goat....ummm better say frog, dont know how you feel about goats (might have Jibit calling you Hottie next!).

I didn't and still don't post or belong to any other site. When I first posted to LVC, I gotta admit, I was kinda leary, scared and didn't know what to expect. I am just thankful an understanding Hottie replied (and frankly our search engine isn't the greatest).

Oh...I decided to "fish" using the new "search this thread" feature in the Guys Guys Guys thread, and guess who posted first.see sept 11, 05 post #2:
Yeah...I'll have to pass. But Thanks for playing. ;)
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=108716&postcount=2

My reply is post 14 (this is when you had PepeLapew as your avatar):
I guess we'd have to say Frogman was the first post, ironcially when he posted his notification of not posting he posted his avatar, PePe LaPew - Thanks Frogman!
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?p=108957&highlight=frogman#post108957

I've always said any pic, don't have to be you, and you posted Pepe, one of my fav. skunks! I want so bad to tell you I will never call you a Hottie again, but you were the first LVC Hottie, and well frankly....your a LVC....(I won't say it)!!

Oh and try searching on "door open"........

MsM8

See! look how nice you really are! Now I could reply to each of your paragraphs, but it is a conversation that won't end. Just two things:

1- You don't have to reply.
2-Teaching someone how to fish does not have to include taking their eye out with the hook on your first cast demonstration to them.

I go for the nose. More damage.

3- From the urban dictionary, and I did not search for this particular definition, I googled, it was my first hit, opened the website this was the first definition:

hottie365 up, 71 downA very attractive person; can be either male or female.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hottie

I've got a several girlfriends and let me tell you when we see a dude that is hot, we call him a Hottie.....and I have to admit, I did refer to you as a Hottie because I know it gets your goat....ummm better say frog, dont know how you feel about goats (might have Jibit calling you Hottie next!).

The Urban dictionary is about as bad as Wikipedia... Come on, Debbi, you can do better than the Urban Dictionary. :lol:

I didn't and still don't post or belong to any other site. When I first posted to LVC, I gotta admit, I was kinda leary, scared and didn't know what to expect. I am just thankful an understanding Hottie replied (and frankly our search engine isn't the greatest).

The search engine works well if you are familiar with Boleean expressions.

Oh...I decided to "fish" using the new "search this thread" feature in the Guys Guys Guys thread, and guess who posted first.see sept 11, 05 post #2:
Yeah...I'll have to pass. But Thanks for playing. ;)
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=108716&postcount=2

My reply is post 14 (this is when you had PepeLapew as your avatar):
I guess we'd have to say Frogman was the first post, ironcially when he posted his notification of not posting he posted his avatar, PePe LaPew - Thanks Frogman!

Well, I AM a Stinker, you know...

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?p=108957&highlight=frogman#post108957

I've always said any pic, don't have to be you, and you posted Pepe, one of my fav. skunks! I want so bad to tell you I will never call you a Hottie again, but you were the first LVC Hottie, and well frankly....your a LVC....(I won't say it)!!

Yeah. Please don't say it.

:p

Members online

Back