What I did Labor Day (and the day before...)!!

Lincoln Luebbe

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Before...

001-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-1.jpg

The stuff...

008.jpg

007-1.jpg

006-2.jpg

After...

009.jpg

010.jpg

013-2.jpg

014-2.jpg

Up close...

011.jpg

I couldn't resist!!

015-2.jpg

Very nice! We could use some of that.

Awe come on, slip resistant? I wanted to slide all over it in my socks!

Nice floor, cool rides.

Hey Linc looks nice. Just a couple of tips as I had this done professionally.

#1) Go into the garage very slow if its raining out (or snow). Even with the mica chips that stuff is still very slick. I know its going to sound crazy but a couple of times my abs went off pulling in and one time I was 1" form my cabinets when I stopped...

#2) I don't know where you live but if it gets very hot out like 100+ don't pull in the garage right away... let the tires cool. A couple of times when it got 100+ and I pulled in after 1 hour plus of driving it caused the coating to bubble on all four tire contact points. Touching the stuff up in a PIA with adding the mica and my color never matched exactly.

Otherwise great stuff, looks great and makes the garage floor very easy to clean even if something is spilled.

I like that stuff, really improves garages!

I am jealous of your house/neighborhood. Always wanted to live in a place like that!

Thanks everyone for the compliments! Honesty it took more time moving everything out of the garage, cleaning/squeegeeing (sp?) the floor like 4 times and sealing the cracks than it took to do the actual job. Bought everything at Lowe's and was out the door for 118.00, plus I bought two extra things of chips which I did not need so 8.00 x 2= 16.00 so it actually only cost 102.00. Not bad!

XFord thanks for the tips, I live in Ohio and we don't really see 100+ days, although this summer has had plenty of days in the 90's. It has been one of the hottest summers here in a very long time. Also I bought the extra anti-slid additive so hopefully it won't be that slippery when it is wet. We both have to pull in the garage pretty slow as it is so hopefully we won't have to adjust too much when it rains/snows, but thank you for the heads up.

Andrizzle, my wife and I wanted a home like this for almost 7 years before we got it. Just keep working at it, set goals and even if you have set-backs keep working at it. Honestly this neighborhood is not that expensive, but in a different city it might be!

Looks nice and love the all black lincolns side by side. I would love to have another Lincoln to go with mine.

When I get my own house this will be done along with the walls.

Go for it Edgar, it is relatively cheap and the most time consuming thing is the prep work! You have to wait for the floor to dry once you clean it multiple times. The floor was coated in an hour and a half. If your garage is already cleared out it can be prepped and complete within 2 days with drying time.

looks great... im suppose to do my soon-to-be father-in-law's garage soon. what did you fill the cracks with? did your kit supply anything for that?.... again. nice work.

#2) I don't know where you live but if it gets very hot out like 100+ don't pull in the garage right away... let the tires cool. A couple of times when it got 100+ and I pulled in after 1 hour plus of driving it caused the coating to bubble on all four tire contact points. Touching the stuff up in a PIA with adding the mica and my color never matched exactly.

What he said. My garage has the painted epoxy floor too. I pulled in one day after driving an hour down the interstate and there is now 4 embossed tire tread contact patterns in it. It didn't bubble, but you can feel the tread pattern with your hand.

Very nice job on the floor looks like a pro did it, Very nice choice for a second car :cool:

Very nice garage L King!

G-Rell-
I filled the cracks with a masonry/concrete crack filler, it dries pretty close to the original color of the concrete. I had to pick that up separate, it was not in the kit.

Thanks. BTW watch the cracks we filled ours too and a couple kind of came back but still way better than it was. Was your kit the "professional" or water based stuff?

we have a TV its a 32 with cable!!! when my car gets back it will be like when I was stripping it and building the motor, If I am not at work or sleeping I will be there

Members online

No members online now.
Back