What Gas Mileage Are You Getting? NOT A COMMERCIAL

TriumphGT6

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I was just curious as to what kind of gas mileage you guys get with your cars. Here's what I get with my cars:

1991 Lincoln Town Car Stock - 22mpg overall on 87
1973 Triumph GT6 MKIII Monza Exhaust - 27mpg overall on 93
1973 Honda ST90 Stock - 130mpg overall on 93

Here's what the rest of my family gets with their cars:

1993 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 Stock - 15mpg overall on 87
1996 Saturn SL1 Stock - 25mpg overall on 87 (NOTE - Rebuilt 400 miles ago, so its still wearing in)
1997 Dodge Neon SOHC 5sp. Stock - 35mpg overall on 87

I used to own the Dodge Neon but when gas jumped up my dad bought it from me for the $800 (worth $2500) I had in it because I had his help working on my cars. I miss that kind of gas mileage.

95 continental im getting about 16 on the rd
and 19 to 20 on the high way

I get about 20MPG average on my 93 Town Car running 91 octane I have a heavy foot though

I get ~19mpg cty and 25mpg hwy on my Mark. I got exactly 25.0 mpg on the way home from Chicago (I have 3.73 gears too)

My 88 Caprice gets 18mpg combined

My 90 Geo Prizm gets 30mpg combined

my 1990 TC gets only like 16 MPG i believe... thats just a rough estimate though I dont know exactly hoiw much i get

I get about 19-20 City with my 96, it has the touring package, which includes the better, bigger rear end.

20-21 in the 95

yo heres how you should be driving pic taken today
if your paying these prices when it sthis hi for gas
drive 55 on the highway on cruis controle all the way yeah try to tell us that that is a joke LOL

View attachment Image011.jpg

Cruise control is a good way to conserve. It keeps the car at at speed with the least amount of gas.

Try to change your ways of driving, that helps alot. No more pouncing on the gas petal at all the green lights. I know thats hard for some, and especially if thiere is a piece of rice or a cadillac next to you. :)

about 24 mpg with my 91 conti, about same on my wifes 92 cougar, and about 20 on my trusty rusty (94 Jimmy). All that is same driving, about 80% highway (55-65, not expressway, but back country roads).

The Cougar does better when I drive it, only 'cause I am a LOT easier on the loud pedal when I drive than she is.. all vehicles are v-6's.. a pair of 3.8's and a 4.3 vortec...

18-19mpg city and 24-25 city. my 98 town car is knocking on regular anymore though except when i put shell v-power or sunoco 93 grade. thats ridiculous to do at these prices. is there an additive i can use to stop the knock while using 87?

i have a 92 Sedan Deville, im 18 so i drive it kinda hard, i get about 15 on average on 93 octane, with about 80% city driving, but this should rise now, because im gonna be taking the freeway daily to college. On my 95 Roadmaster with 148k miles and a trusty 350LT1, i would get 13mpg!

heard someone talking about aditives yes
brent is right about the costing the same or more then just buying the right stuff at the pump
However
my aditive i yous every 3 months is 5 gallons of 100 octane :)

Town Car is no gas hog

My 88 TC has gotten 21.5 mpg in local driving with the A/C on constantly.I have gotten 23mpg local driving with the A/C off. I took the mechanical fan off and mounted electric cooling fans from a Dodge Caravan . It made a huge difference in gas mileage and power. Well worth the $10.00 I paid the salvage yard for the fans, and the $19.00 for the adjustable fan thermostat at Auto Zone.

The 90 Town Car

is nailing down 19.5mpg combined driving (American gallon BTW) and about 22-23mpg hwy, but I'm not that light on the pedal. Also I haven't had a truly hwy trip yet to really test it out (6 weeks new to me).

My Bronco, which had been my daily driver, is hard pressed to crack 15 combined these days, though it did net me 19 on a recent hwy trip at ridiculously high speeds.

It too is a 5.0 litre, but fairly modified for mileage. Many of the tricks I used to get it as good as it is, I am doing to the Lincoln at the moment.

Sixlitre

hey, i filled up today and noticed a slight gain in my economy. I take this car on the freeway about 17 miles a day to college and back, and with doing this for one day, my fuel economy has gone up from about 15.3 to 16 on average. Now if i do this 5 days a week, i wonder if 17.5-18 mpg can be achieved? Anyways, it cost me $50.23 to put in 15.9 gallons of premium today at $3.159 per gallon. I figured if i got a '94 Town Car, it would get me about 18 mpg, divided by the 254 miles i drove this week and this gets me 14.11 gallons, now 14.11 gallons x $2.999 a gallon for 87 octane is $42.31 mpg. Wow i could drive a bigger car, and save money on gas! $7.92 this week i would have saved, thats amazing! I should talk to my dad about getting one!

92SedandeVille-TownCar94 said:
hey, i filled up today and noticed a slight gain in my economy. I take this car on the freeway about 17 miles a day to college and back, and with doing this for one day, my fuel economy has gone up from about 15.3 to 16 on average. Now if i do this 5 days a week, i wonder if 17.5-18 mpg can be achieved? Anyways, it cost me $50.23 to put in 15.9 gallons of premium today at $3.159 per gallon. I figured if i got a '94 Town Car, it would get me about 18 mpg, divided by the 254 miles i drove this week and this gets me 14.11 gallons, now 14.11 gallons x $2.999 a gallon for 87 octane is $42.31 mpg. Wow i could drive a bigger car, and save money on gas! $7.92 this week i would have saved, thats amazing! I should talk to my dad about getting one!

I should note that my Town Car, that gets 22 overall is driven exclusively in the city and only occasionly (every week or so) driven on the highway for 2 miles to Alpine Ave. (Equivalent of a mall, but OUTSIDE!!) to buy computer parts and clothing. I live in the suburbs and don't ever really need the highway so I don't use it.

On a trip from Grand Rapids (Home) to Cadillac, Michigan I got a mileage of 25mpg with my dad driving as usual at 80mph with the air on. When I went to Muskegon, I drove 70mph without air and got 27mpg. Oh, yeah I'm that good.

If you keep up on maintenance and repairs these cars get insane mileage.

LINCOLN PIC
The antenna is NOT broken, but I left the car on to take the pictures. It was taken in a field near my old high school.

HONDA PIC

Mark said:
My 88 TC has gotten 21.5 mpg in local driving with the A/C on constantly.I have gotten 23mpg local driving with the A/C off. I took the mechanical fan off and mounted electric cooling fans from a Dodge Caravan . It made a huge difference in gas mileage and power. Well worth the $10.00 I paid the salvage yard for the fans, and the $19.00 for the adjustable fan thermostat at Auto Zone.

Tell me more !!!!!!!!!!!!

Got the part number for that Autozone fan T-stat ?

Sixlitre

Hi Guys

My 92 Town Car gets about 42mpg in the city with over 57mpg on the freeway :D

Regards

Dereck

Hi Dereck,

:bsflag: Town Cars get good gas milage but not that good. :biggrin:

Regards,
Pepperman

owner of a 91 Town Car

Hi Pepperman

Just my little jest :)

You guys have the worlds cheapest gas, the worlds biggest cars and you do the worlds greatest whinging about gas prices and milage, sorry but I couldn't resist ;)

Regards

Dereck

Members online

No members online now.
Back