What exact Jaguar & Ford models' parts are compatible with the LS?

FlavourShot

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
From my understanding the Thunderbird and a certain Jaguar have parts that can be installed on the LS, but I'm a bit confused on exactly what is compatible.

What year thunderbird? What model Jaguar? Are all parts compatible or just some? Etc.

What exactly are you looking to swap?

What can be swapped varies (a lot), but a general rule of thumb is to keep things generational. The DEW98 cars all got updates around the same model year but not everything was exactly the same, since each brand was trying to differentiate itself. To make it even more fun, they would sometimes list the shared parts with a different number. Hell, Lincoln did it to themselves too. Like the Gen 1 endlinks vs Gen 2. Same parts, new numbers for Gen 2. Like I said, fun, right?

So basically I should just look around to see what's worked for people lmfao

It would help to have an idea of what specifically. Just looking for a random part as a theory makes it hard to give a specific answer to. Also, just because it swaps doesn't automatically make it better, or cheaper, or even a different part. That's why I was asking what part(s) you were thinking about

It would help to have an idea of what specifically. Just looking for a random part as a theory makes it hard to give a specific answer to. Also, just because it swaps doesn't automatically make it better, or cheaper, or even a different part. That's why I was asking what part(s) you were thinking about

Yeah I gotcha. I wasn't trying to be intentionally vague. I heard people say O-rings like this would fit on an LS in case of an oil leak or something similar, what do you think?

IIRC, the IMT o-rings are basically identical between the Gen 2 LS V6 & the Gen 2 S-Type V6 ( & the X-Type), besides the color difference. There's a thread on here where somebody already compared the two. Not sure if they'd be cheaper than OEM, but more options is better than less

Some F150 parts also work on the LS. Just remove the part, look at the part number on the item, then look it up on ebay. I found a wide difference in price if listed as an Lincoln part compared to an F150 part. So be sure and compare, I always buy by the part number and not the brand of car.

Hey FlavourShot, this thread on the Jag forum is all about parts of ours that fit the S-Type. Maybe you could reverse-search something. Hope it helps

I found this water pump with an aluminum impeller for the AJV8 at Moss Motors.

20201127_124848.jpg

20201127_124903.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back