What do you Guys Think?

dneace0012

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
2005 V8
$2500
90,000 miles

Body looks good. Said trans shifts rough. Would this be a decent price on the car? Relatively low mileage. Also, would the engine fit in my 03 v6, or would I need a different computer? I'm sure I could talk him down to less than 2000. I haven't went to see it yet but may tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving andThanks!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417046128.978268.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417046128.978268.jpg

.... Also, would the engine fit in my 03 v6, or would I need a different computer? ...

Sure, it'll fit. You'll need a PCM from a V8. (You'll need access to a good tool that can "marry" the new PCM to the cluster and your keys.)
I wonder if the V8 PCM will be okay with the cluster not having a message center?
You'll also need a transmission from a V8. (The one from your V6 won't bolt on to the V8.)
You'll have to change out some wiring harnesses.
You'll have to add an aux pump from a V8.

It could just be me, but it doesn't seem very practical.

Sure, it'll fit. You'll need a PCM from a V8. (You'll need access to a good tool that can "marry" the new PCM to the cluster and your keys.)
I wonder if the V8 PCM will be okay with the cluster not having a message center?
You'll also need a transmission from a V8. (The one from your V6 won't bolt on to the V8.)
You'll have to change out some wiring harnesses.
You'll have to add an aux pump from a V8.

It could just be me, but it doesn't seem very practical.

It's probably not. I was trying to justify owning two of these. :) Seems like a good price for one that's in better shape than mine. Thanks Joe!

It's probably not. I was trying to justify owning two of these. :) Seems like a good price for one that's in better shape than mine. Thanks Joe!

if its truly in better shape than yours, buy it and sell yours...

Members online

No members online now.
Back