What do you Guys Think?

dneace0012

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
2005 V8
$2500
90,000 miles

Body looks good. Said trans shifts rough. Would this be a decent price on the car? Relatively low mileage. Also, would the engine fit in my 03 v6, or would I need a different computer? I'm sure I could talk him down to less than 2000. I haven't went to see it yet but may tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving andThanks!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417046128.978268.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417046128.978268.jpg

.... Also, would the engine fit in my 03 v6, or would I need a different computer? ...

Sure, it'll fit. You'll need a PCM from a V8. (You'll need access to a good tool that can "marry" the new PCM to the cluster and your keys.)
I wonder if the V8 PCM will be okay with the cluster not having a message center?
You'll also need a transmission from a V8. (The one from your V6 won't bolt on to the V8.)
You'll have to change out some wiring harnesses.
You'll have to add an aux pump from a V8.

It could just be me, but it doesn't seem very practical.

Sure, it'll fit. You'll need a PCM from a V8. (You'll need access to a good tool that can "marry" the new PCM to the cluster and your keys.)
I wonder if the V8 PCM will be okay with the cluster not having a message center?
You'll also need a transmission from a V8. (The one from your V6 won't bolt on to the V8.)
You'll have to change out some wiring harnesses.
You'll have to add an aux pump from a V8.

It could just be me, but it doesn't seem very practical.

It's probably not. I was trying to justify owning two of these. :) Seems like a good price for one that's in better shape than mine. Thanks Joe!

It's probably not. I was trying to justify owning two of these. :) Seems like a good price for one that's in better shape than mine. Thanks Joe!

if its truly in better shape than yours, buy it and sell yours...

Members online

Back