What do you guys think of these rims?

wade0731

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Which one do you guys like the best? I've been researching what size wheels it needs and I'm pretty sure this is it? Would you go with 17" or 18" Wheels? I am going to buy the wheels right now during the winter while I have some money. Then in the Summer get some tires and put these bad boys on. What do you guys think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-5x108-Ma...t=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item25890e77e8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-5x115-5x...t=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item25886fa938

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=151213421174

if 18's, Id go with #2, but would recommend going bigger... the LS was built for 19"/20"s IMO

Yeah not sure, can't decide. It's a white/pearl ls. So I kind of want all black rims not sure though.

of those options, #3 i guess.
but i would get silver wheels. not a fan of the black.

i have black rims (painted stocks) on my pearl white ls , unless it is gloss you cant even tell you have rims, go with a machine face rims

1 or 3 but what do you like?

I went with 18's so that I could do bigger brakes but still maintain a sidewall that would give me some ride cushion. 19/20's do look better but the wheel would be too big for what I was going for. Plus the 18's I found I realllllly liked.

1st link: If you can find them in 19s and not black. If you like the color and size pull the trigger. Think they would like nice on white. Give it a storm trooper look but that I'm not the fondest of.
3rd link: Read above
2nd link: Break the wrist walk away. I'm not a fan of wheels with universal bolt patterns.

Get anything but a black and chrome wheel. Everybody has them and they just look like there off a hot wheel car.
Out of those three, the first ones!

Here is the 3rd one on a car, not really digging it. I want black. I guess If I hate them I could dip them, not much area to cover so it would be easy.:
310482d1388942567-new-rims-knock-off-vossen-cv1s-effect-versa-and-more-mods-20140104_110437.jpg

@wade0731,

Just be aware that the LS center bore is 63.4mm, with those wheels you may need hub centric rings to eliminate vibration over 60-70mph

Center Bore 73.1mm vs. stock LS 63.4mm hub.

I'd grab option #2 but only cuz I like lip on wheels for the LS.

i have black rims (painted stocks) on my pearl white ls , unless it is gloss you cant even tell you have rims, go with a machine face rims

Thanks for saying this. I agree. When I see a car with black wheels in motion it just looks like they have black steel wheels and are missing the hubcaps. When I see a car that is stopped and has black wheels the wheels always look smaller to me, also sometimes makes the car seem dirty looking to me lol.

i know i need some 19s in hyper silver lol , but in chicago they wouldnt last long :/ , might opt for some jaguar type r rims which are 18s and paint them gloss anthracite

sounds like you'll need to spend some time and pick what you like...

if you want gloss black version of those get niche targas , they are 200 dollars more

Members online

Back