What do you guys and gals think of your markVIII?

turborich

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just currious what you all thought of your MARK VIII?

I thought that I wanted a mustang SVO. I mean I really freaked out over it so I finally bought one. Well it was quick thats for sure but after about a month I just didn't want it anymore, Same thing with a thunderbird turbo coupe, just really wasn't happy with it. Then I got my 95 MARK VIII. I wasn't
even looking for a MARK VIII, I just saw it online one day for a really good price and went to check it out. Boy am I glad I did! The MARK VIII has everything that I wanted, it looks awsome, its fairly quick, and the inside is almost perfect as far as the styiling goes (my oppinion of course) My thing is that I need a car that is different from what other people drive. Thats why I wanted the SVO and turbocoupe, you dont see many of them. Well you still see a good amount of MARK VIII's but thats ok cause this car ROCKS! To bad lincoln has stoped making the MARK series and went with front wheel drivers. Do you like your MARK VIII just as much?:)

I love my mark viii! If you are at all mechanically inclined these cars are very easy to maintain. I bought mine for 2k and spent over 1500 fixing it up and I still love it!

I am sure I will love mine tomorrow.
Do these cars commonly leak oil at the level sensor?

I purchase one enjoyed it so much that I had to get another so I could get it away from my wife.

Problems.. Sure you have problems from time to time but I don't owe anything on it and to fix it when things go wrong is still cheaper than buying a new car.

I just hope the body holds out as long as there are engines and trannys to fit mine, I'll keep it!

Most fun car that I've owned. I love driving, but since buying my Mark VIII's I look for reasons to drive.

i cant complain about mine. i got my 94 about 2 months ago for $450 with 90,000 miles on it. it had a bad transmission, bad front bags and it needs some minor body work and paint. this wasnt a big deal to me because i had a 95 cougar that i wreaked about a year ago and i just had the transmission replaced in it. so i took the front coils and transmission from that and put them into my mark. for the money that i have put into it i cant be happier.

I love mine when I'm not having to replace anything that's broken. I especially love it right after I've done some improvement mods on it.

I love the way it drives and the way it fits around me.

I love mine, and despite having logged 180k miles on it, I intend to keep it long into the future.

i bought my 96 mark viii a year ago with 43k for 7200$. I loved it when i bought it, runs beautifully, and its still so much fun too drive.

I intend to build a mark badder than the supermark! Not anytime in the near future though.....

I think if I get it working right...leaking no oil, stuff like that, I will like it alot more. Mine has a few things wrong with it that I haven't had time or money to fix.
My favorite thing is that when I sit in this car it feels like it was made for me....very comfortable.

Sorry Shaun. Hit the edit button by mistake and changed your post. Total accident. My bad. Please repost if you prefer.

The red comments are mine. Sorry for the confusion guys and gals.

no heat: Infamous blend door. You can flip the lever once a year to cycle between cold and hot if you don't want to fix it.

intermitten "no crank" problems when it is above 80 degrees outside: Super simple. Crank sensor. $15 part.

"driver door ajar" when its anywhere above 55 degrees outside: WD40 in the mechanism and your done

CD changer stopped working. Fuse?

driver's side outter door handle broke. $20 part and some paint

AUTO lamp has a mind of its own: Replace sensor. No big deal.

sometimes the radio cuts out the rear speakers, then the front, then one side, then the other... all randomly: Got me there.

driver's side power seat doesnt move forward/back anymore.. Does it move up and down?

"LOW ENGINE COOLANT" at least once a week... where is it leaking??? hell if i know! (checked radiator, ran compression test on all 8 cylinders, checked reservoir...)Might be your worst news. Possible head gasket. How often do you have to fill?

I have a 94 Mark VIII and I buy and sell cars,so when mine came along I neaded a car real bad and I grabed it,hopeing I would be able to sell a car that big with the way gas price headed were it was,I drove 2 blocks up the road and said wow this is nice,another 2 blocks and said I love it,now I would never sell it.I love it like you would your dog or something.I am getting rid of the air ride though.sorry to much of a headach I seen people go through.:mad:

This is like being able to modify your first TONKA TRUCK. It's like being a kid again, I just love it. So far no repairs that aren't easily fixed in the driveway or a quick trip to the favorite mechanic( not often ). Like others said it's fun & rewarding. Ed :cool: P.S. 238,000 miles on the car.

i love mine, i like being able to pull up to some sports car/ricer and beating them off the line and in the big end, and if i lose...i don't care i'm comfortable with my ride, where else can you have 13's and fall asleep in while on your lunch break lol...never had a car like this, and honestly i don't plan to give it up

Awesome! I'm gonna miss it a lot while it's in storage for about a year. All around it's an awesome car except for the winter. Ya don't really realize how fast it is until you drive other cars.... a mark VIII is a freakin RUNNER

i got my LSC last May, and i put 11K miles on it :eek: ........thats how much i like it :D .......i need to buy a beater car..........it hasnt given me any problems, just keep up with the fluids and everything (brakes,tires,etc.).......been in one accident, silverado got in my way, they had to tow the truck......i drove off in my LSC :L

Members online

Back