What did you do to your Continental today?

Lincoln Continental

1. Svets96

Svets96 Dedicated LVC Member

Thought I would post this thread. (Every other make has theirs!) So do we!! :D:D:D

2. Svets96

WELL, getting my car ready to cruise this weekend considering its the Hot Rod Nationals (Steel Valley Nationals) Fri. Sat. and Sun.

Only thing......its gonna rain all weekend!!! :mad::mad::rolleyes:

Was going to get all the dudes from Cleveland, Akron and local in Youngstown to get together. Was going to post a new thread about that. Considering the rain it won't be a good turnout for now at least. We'll plan another time I guess.

3. FlaOkie

FlaOkie Active LVC Member

Good idea Svets.

I’ve done nothing to my ’02 for a while – in fact I haven’t taken it out much lately.
    Its been raining almost every day, and the local streets are torn up and complete mud.
    The city is putting in water and sewer lines.

I refuse to get it all sloped up,

4. FlaOkie

I bought these badges after I bought my ’02 a couple of years ago.
    I never put them on because they looked too big.
    I don’t mind adding badges in certain cases, as long as they are relevant, blend in, and don’t make the car look like a ghetto wagon.
    Since it has been raining down here for what seems like forever, I was fooling around in the garage and came across them.
    I stuck one on the driver’s side.
    I don’t have enough room in my garage to stand back a ways and see how it really looks.
    I’ll leave it on and look at it when it stops raining and I can get the car outside.
    badge.jpg

5. Svets96

I think it looks really good. The red in the Lincoln emblem and the chrome snake matches the Autumn red and chrome on your car perfectly, IMHO.

6. num1bigguy

num1bigguy Active LVC Member

Went to try a set of LED headlights. Yes they probably aren't correct for the housings, for those headlight freaks. Funny thing is they don't fit, making it ultimately a waste of time and also unearthing what the d-bag POS previous owner did to cover up the damaged torque strut motor mount. Now I have a real project ahead. I would've never thought to remove the plastic trim that covers the mount when looking at the car before purchase. Its effed and I'm not sure how to repair. I suppose I could remove the entire front end of the car and buy and replace the core support. Doesn't seem worth it to me to dump money into a dead horse. I definitely don't want to have thousands into the car knowings its worth about $2000.

7. FlaOkie

If you have an older car you like, and want to keep dependable and running properly, you can easily wind up spending more money than the car is worth.

Only you can determine if spending that money is worth it.

8. Continental Mark II

Continental Mark II LVC Member

I had a bad left rear wheel sensor on my 2000 Continental. Every time I came to a stop, the abs would kick in. Very annoying to say the least. I searched all over the country for a replacement to no avail. I then stumbled on this video on You Tube about how a Town Car Rear wheel sensor would work on the Continental. I bought one from an auto parts store and It works like a charm with little
    modification. Watch the video.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018 at 6:08 AM
    • Like Like x 1
    • FlaOkie

Nice to know – thanks for posting.
      Although I must say, watching that video gave me a headache.