What car does this motor belong to???

1wykdmk8

LvC Dues Collector
Reaction score
What car does this motor belong to???

wcar.jpg

My car, and I would greatly appreciate it if you would inform it that it needs to find it's way home; I've been worried sick about it! Please be so kind as to send it back my way. ;)

It looks something like a Ferrari engine to me.

I'd also have to go with ferrari... or something exotic :D

edit: looks like a twin turbo v12?!

hmmmm... now what go that engine? Didn't a Jaguar get that power plant? Forgot which one though

edit 2: an Aston Martin?

Last edited by a moderator:
JoshMcMadMac said:
My car, and I would greatly appreciate it if you would inform it that it needs to find it's way home; I've been worried sick about it! Please be so kind as to send it back my way. ;)

It looks something like a Ferrari engine to me.

I will do so....but it will have to make a stop in my car first....... :N

And no, it is not a Ferrari engine.....

MonsterMark said:
Looks like a mid-engine 4 valve v-10 to me.

Bryan.....maybe you should recount the coils again....if my math is correct there are 6 on each side......that would make 12......V-12 :N :N

Duh, I was trying to count the stacks.

Good that narrows it down.

I'm pissed because I have already wasted about 45 minutes on this damn thing.

It is mid-engine because of the exhaust? Right?

4 valver?

I believe the Maybach comes with a twin turbo V12 but I doubt thats what its from.
The engine for it is a Mercedes Built engine, so my guess is the Mercedes race car.I think its called a CTR or something like that.

MonsterMark said:
Duh, I was trying to count the stacks.

Good that narrows it down.

I'm pissed because I have already wasted about 45 minutes on this damn thing.

It is mid-engine because of the exhaust? Right?

4 valver?

Well, they do say that vision is the one of the first things that go when you get old.......

Yes....it is a mid-engine car because of the exhaust.......and yes it is a 4 valver.....
:N

Last edited by a moderator:
unstoppable said:
I believe the Maybach comes with a twin turbo V12 but I doubt thats what its from.
The engine for it is a Mercedes Built engine, so my guess is the Mercedes race car.I think its called a CTR or something like that.

It is a Mercedes Benz engine, twin turbo, but the Mercedes race car is not the car I am referring to in this one......you are the closest Chris.....

mespock said:
Damn I was sure it was a Metro! :Bang
look how short the exhaust is, it would be in the cabin of the car:bash: . Its got to be an old beetle, baja beetle!!!

SL600 or CL65 AMG

You know it is bogus to put up a dyno engine pic if that was not the stock exhaust setup and without the beauty cover and all.

MonsterMark said:
SL600 or CL65 AMG

You know it is bogus to put up a dyno engine pic if that was not the stock exhaust setup and without the beauty cover and all.

Nope...and nope.....it is a Mercedes engine, but it is not in a Mercedes vehicle.....

That pic IS the motor that is in the car I am referring to......it is just basically unbolted from the chassis of the car....it is as it is in the car.....

Your f'in with me man and I'm starting to get pissed.
icon10.gif

Just hate being frustrated and now I have spent 1-1/2 hours on this. Where can I send the bill?

Damn, not gonna give up, though I should.

Members online

No members online now.
Back