What all does this include?

Yeah!, that will make your car scream! Brackets, and tubes.... Damn 2k! All you need now is the vtech and the e's. lol

m_maker said:
bracketry, intkake tubes, crossover tube, misc hoses and bolts, NO compressor.

so basicly...2k worth of parts i can get at pepboys for $200

MrWilson said:

It looks like you have to purchase a blower and fuel/timing tuner in combination with this kit to suit your needs . I have no idea how much that would cost . Just for a comparison , a company callled Rippmods offers a complete vortech kit for the Tiburon at $3895.00 . It makes over 300 whp with headers and catback in it's basic stage1 config with stock internals easily running low 13's.

http://www.rippmods.com/products/products_list_details.asp?menuid=3&productId=107

welp...if i had a tib, i may be interested.

If your actually interested in buying a Vortech just get one used from a mustang site. I have been a member of modularfords.com for over I think about 4 years now and I see used Vortech S-trim kits pop up on there all the time for real cheap! If i had a vehicle I could put another supercharger in I would get a used Vortech and toss it in. I have seen great condition, full, used kits going for $1,500 before.

If you were to set your fuel system up separately you would need bigger injectors (size depends on how much boost), swap the in-tank return fuel pumps with a Walbro GSS342 or two (or comparable brand), adj FPR, and add either an FMU (band-aid IMO) or good tune for the injector PW and you would be good for a decent amount of power.

You could do it the cheaper way and just get an in-line fuel pump with a boost indexed Hobbs Switch instead of some of the stuff in the previous list. I see this as another band in some ways though too.

rocket5979 said:
If your actually interested in buying a Vortech just get one used from a mustang site. I have been a member of modularfords.com for over I think about 4 years now and I see used Vortech S-trim kits pop up on there all the time for real cheap! If i had a vehicle I could put another supercharger in I would get a used Vortech and toss it in. I have seen great condition, full, used kits going for $1,500 before.

If you were to set your fuel system up separately you would need bigger injectors (size depends on how much boost), swap the in-tank return fuel pumps with a Walbro GSS342 or two (or comparable brand), adj FPR, and add either an FMU (band-aid IMO) or good tune for the injector PW and you would be good for a decent amount of power.

You could do it the cheaper way and just get an in-line fuel pump with a boost indexed Hobbs Switch instead of some of the stuff in the previous list. I see this as another band in some ways though too.

thank you for the advice. I was looking arround at the sites and i didnt c anything good, but ill keep an eye on that one.

MrWilson said:
welp...if i had a tib, i may be interested.

Yep , understood , wasn't trying to hijack your thread which mentioned $2k for a incomplete vortec kit . Just trying to determine thru feedback if the Mark can be pumped up as easily or as economically as the Tib . Don't know if there is a vortec or eaton kit made for the Mark or if a Mustang kit has to be modified to work and how much they might cost . Budget and wife limitations means one of my cars is going to stay basically stock , both run low 15's out of the box . My gut feeling is to at some point redo the air suspension on the LSC with a slight drop , add aftermarket chrome wheels , drilled/slotted rotors with painted calipers and leave it at that .

Members online

Back