What a weekend, it may cost me 800.00

lolm thanks, i went to the dealer and they just glanced at the door and said that it needs a new handle for sure and that 52.00. he said to start off with getting the handle fixed cause its snapped then it like 06 buck and hour to take it apart. hey lucky can you tell me what you think i should order off fordpartsonline.com, i know i need the handle but what else he mentioned a module. and said its like 600 bucks to fix.
i also got more estiomates today for brakes now i dont need calipers just pads and rotors in the front and rear. i can wait on the rear. but right now 309 is the cheapest. does that sound good. for just the front pads and rotors. he said 346 for f and r pads and f rotors.

itsnotmydaddys said:
i also got more estiomates today for brakes now i dont need calipers just pads and rotors in the front and rear. i can wait on the rear. but right now 309 is the cheapest. does that sound good. for just the front pads and rotors. he said 346 for f and r pads and f rotors.

like I said - I would look at my rotors first and then decide if they need replace or if they can be turned. replacing your pads is fairly easy to do yourself.

i decited that im gonna do it myself. people keep telling me how its fairly easy. i order the pads and rotors from napa and they should be here tomorrow morning. so any suggestions please shoot them myway. aslo i may have a problem as i said b4 the lugs are now a 20 instead of 19mm, what should i do about a tire iron,

Well if you are going to do the rear buy the piston wind back tool now. Oh and some asprin, beer, xanax and some Mary Jane because you will certainly need some measure of relief by the time you do your first rear rotor.

lmao that funny. im just doing the front tomorrow any one got a how to. im also gonna have the resonators removed,

itsnotmydaddys said:
i decited that im gonna do it myself. people keep telling me how its fairly easy. i order the pads and rotors from napa and they should be here tomorrow morning. so any suggestions please shoot them myway. aslo i may have a problem as i said b4 the lugs are now a 20 instead of 19mm, what should i do about a tire iron,

you can turn the rotors at many parts stores, brake shops, etc for about 30-50 for the 4...they'll even mic them for ya and let you know if replacements will be needed

if they're 20, then use a 20mm socket ;) I kinda doubt that they would "grow due to water" but they will expand a little bit (not 1mm) when HOT

Hey, Quit harrassing my homeboi bout his problems. We "Show Me's" may be timid about undertaking some of the DIY projects ourselves. (it's not like taking on a '72 Olds Cutless),
Also, sometimes it is better to take it in and have someone else do with work and warrenty it.

luckieleo said:
you have officially been warned!! (a second time, now!) :wrench
:bow:
Man, she sure can be mean.
You better get it fixed quick before she puts you in time out or even worse puts you over her knee.
:GotPics:

pbslmo said:
Also, sometimes it is better to take it in and have someone else do with work and warrenty it.

no one treats my LS as nice as I do - so if I can do it I, do it. plus it's an excuse to learn more about the car and kill a few beers in the garage.:Beer

okay i caved and had it done at midas today. they charged me 440. for the front and rear pads and the front rotors, tire rotation, and removal of the resonators (not sure about it yet)

itsnotmydaddys said:
okay i caved and had it done at midas today. they charged me 440. for the front and rear pads and the front rotors, tire rotation, and removal of the resonators (not sure about it yet)

:soapbox: no no no.....

well - at least it's fixed.

MikeB said:
:bow:
Man, she sure can be mean.
You better get it fixed quick before she puts you in time out or even worse puts you over her knee.
:GotPics:

i'm not being mean at all!! just a warning of what happened to me when i put it off too long! if i wanted to be mean, i wouldnt tell him what happened to me & i would just sit back & watch him suffer..

if something goes wrong with my car, my duty as an LVC member is to report the problem, and if possible, the solution, so that other people dont have to suffer the same problem. he should be thanking me! :steering

luckieleo said:
i'm not being mean at all!! just a warning of what happened to me when i put it off too long! if i wanted to be mean, i wouldnt tell him what happened to me & i would just sit back & watch him suffer..

if something goes wrong with my car, my duty as an LVC member is to report the problem, and if possible, the solution, so that other people dont have to suffer the same problem. he should be thanking me! :steering

I agree, I just thought it was funny the way you put it. Sounded like my mother. :N

I'd much rather a swift kick in the a$$ than a bite out of the wallet.
Keep up the good work. :yourock:

to be honest you can barely tell at low speeds but once you get going it sound pretty good. when it idles it makes a kinda putting noise "put,putput, " im not sure about it yet. it kinda sounds junky. but am hoping to get some flowmaster 40 mufflers on it soon. once i get more money. im broke after this.

ah... I see.. well I guess im going to wait till the end of june, so I can just buy some super 40's and have them take off the resonators.. I know a place that is fairly cheap.. they did my friends v-6 mustang (single exhaust) into a dual exhaust with super 40's with new piping for about 200.. and a honda with new piping and a dynomax for 120, including the tip

itsnotmydaddys said:
yes it is, but its shaking when i go for like 50 to 0. they said it needs to be broken it

...sounds like something isn't running true - I've never heard of it having to be broken in to stop shaking....

heres a pic i took with my new lg 7000,

0419051324.jpg

the guys said since i dodnt replace the r rotors it could take some time for the new rear pads to adjust to them. something like that he said wait 1000 miles and come back. i told him if its not gone in 100 ill be back

Quik LS said:
no one treats my LS as nice as I do - so if I can do it I, do it. plus it's an excuse to learn more about the car and kill a few beers in the garage.:Beer

You know my car has never run better and I truly believe that it is becasue I do the maintenance now. Like you if I can do it myself...I do it.

Is the steering wheel shaking while braking. If you drive strait and let go of the wheel and brake does the car turn a little? Were the rear rotors turned?

Members online

Back