What a difference red makes (pics)

how do you prep the calipers befor painting? I am doing my brakes this weekend and am thinking of painting them. I have a off white/cream peal color car. Would red look good? thanks

next summer im gona get some new rims
then youll be able to actualy see the breaks

after that ill get the calipers in a green i think
couse the collor of the car is green unless someone has other sujestion on color for the green conti

mcafferty said:
how do you prep the calipers befor painting? I am doing my brakes this weekend and am thinking of painting them. I have a off white/cream peal color car. Would red look good? thanks

I suggest buying the dupicolor brake cailper paint set it literally comes with everything you need, even a brush. I located my kit at Advance auto for I think $15. Good luck!

-Scott-

painting your calipers is the strangest thing ive ever seen. people think its a hardcore 'mod' lol it looks retarded on any car its ever been done to.

Alright...then don't paint yours.

Oh, and I don't think anybody said it's a "hardcore mod". It's just one of those little things to make a car more to your liking. Like tint jobs/clear taillights/body kits.

The red painted calipers with the Ivory/White car look great. I have a 2002 in Ivory and I'm going to go for the red also. With a black car, red or black would work well depending on the look you are going for.

Nice job!!!

KenRosier said:
The red painted calipers with the Ivory/White car look great. I have a 2002 in Ivory and I'm going to go for the red also. With a black car, red or black would work well depending on the look you are going for.

Nice job!!!

Post some picks when you get them painted, I'd like to see how they look. I have the Ivory color also but I painted mine black.

Has anyone with a Vivid Red LS painted their calipers? If so what color did you settle on?

GWL said:
Has anyone with a Vivid Red LS painted their calipers? If so what color did you settle on?

Just my .02, but I would paint them silver or a dark metallic grey! Just think about it!

-Scott-

ps If you do it, defently post pics.

ohioLS said:
Just my .02, but I would paint them silver or a dark metallic grey! Just think about it!

-Scott-

ps If you do it, defently post pics.

Thanks for the suggestion. The stock calipers are a dull dark grey now and I agree that they do not look too bad. Paint would smooth out the surface. Just thinking about it now, no decision yet

LS Gets U Wet said:
painting your calipers is the strangest thing ive ever seen. people think its a hardcore 'mod' lol it looks retarded on any car its ever been done to.

First off, He did one hell of a job on them. It makes the car look very nice.
Second off, You are right about it looking retarded, I'm gonna talk to the people who engineer Porsches with the factory brake calipers painted and tell them they are mentally challenged.

To each their own, and I guess you are on your own on this one. Don't ever knock on people's work.

Freefaller, I plan on painting my calipers soon, how hard was it?
I plan on going silver.

could everyone who painted there calipers post some pics. I not sure if i want to do red or black now. i think red would look hot but would you also notice the black? Thanks

Here is what mine looked like before I installed the Stoptech's. I used Dupli-Colors Red Metalcast. It's more of a cherry red which is what I liked about it.

510004_85_full.jpg

510004_84_full.jpg

510004_81_full.jpg

510004_80_full.jpg

510004_126_full.jpg

hi freefaller this is mikes dad. we replaced the pads on the 94 with ceramic pads. love the hell out of them . they are not full ceamic but they are quiter and no dust buildup. will be changing the rears later. take care and keep a good canopy on our head. jd the old one.

yeah those ceramic are the :q:q:q:q man
thye are great
i have ceramic in the front but my rear breaks untill i get around to changing the calipers i have to just yous the cheap pads couse my rear calipers eat pads fast they need to bve changed in a couple of months i think but gona do the front pads with ne ceramic in another month probly like another 2K befor i change the front pads but those ceramic are the beast pads you can get man

Members online

Back