Wet Drivers side floor

joeynat

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My drivers floor is soaked after it rains. I pulled the plastic cover off under the hood release latch and seen a water stain running down the frame to the left of the latch. Is this a common spot for a leak on a 94 or am I ripping the dash out and going hunting ?

maybe I am mis-understanding what he is stating. Is he stating when the car is parked or driving? If it is sitting parked, then nevermind my idea. And if you have a moonroof, then +3 on that one. Or you have a leaky A-pillar to winshield seal.

Or, you have a cat getting in and pissing on the floor :eek:

Every once and a while I have the same problem. It is on the passenger side just in front of the door on the right side.

I have a moonroof but the windshield was replaced last year. Hmmm how do u properly reseal the windshield without removing it just clear silicone around the edges ?

I have a moonroof but the windshield was replaced last year. Hmmm how do u properly reseal the windshield without removing it just clear silicone around the edges ?

I must of missed something in your response, what does a new windshield have to do with the moonroof? I would not go applying clear silicone to just anything.

You need to wait till it rains again, and you might want to sit in the car while it does so that you can find the drippage or leakage as it is happening.

I hope you can understand we are trying to point you to your moonroof drains. Have you checked all of them that they are clear and hooked up?

I have two drain tubes one discharges behind the power antenna motor in the trunk the other i can see through a 1inch hole in the passenger side A pillar with the door open and there yellowed up.

Am I suppose to have a tube on the drivers side ?

I just found out where mine was coming from. Look at the weather stripping by the top right(viewing car head on) of the windshield . Pull it away and check it out. There is a gap between 2 areas of metal that the weatherstripping covers. Mine is leaking in through there, flowing down the plastic "A" pillar right were the connector for the phone button plugs is, then flowing down to the side of the fuse panel then to the kick panel and soaking the entire floor. It just rained for maybe 15 minutes and there was a baseball sized saturated area allready.. I'm going to get some type of sealent and fix said area.

Last week we had acouple days of constant rain and the whole drivers side floor was completly soaked.

I've only noticed the water when its been sitting overnite or while im at work. Not so much while driving.

Every once and a while I have the same problem. It is on the passenger side just in front of the door on the right side.

Make sure your cowl is fully secured. On mine there was a little foam barrier under the pass side one that re directed the water so that it didnt get to the cabin air intake. Mine was all outa shape thus resulting in water coming into my cabin intake,leaking down soaking the blower motor harness(didnt work till it dried up) and ending its journey on the pass side floor. I re-positioned the barrier and glued it down. As a backup fix i took 1 piece of hd black duct tape and covered the top area of the intake so if it did get by again that would redirect the water. It doesnt look ghetto at all and can't even tell its there w/o taking off the cowl cover.

That sounds exactly what the problem might be... Im also showing real bad oxidation around the fuse box leading me to think its the same problem. Thank you.

Members online

Back