Wet carpet

Epwillis

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi all I've been having a problem with water on the drivers side of my carpet under the drivers floor mat, I've been searching on here and many people have had this problem with water on the passenger side coming from the fresh air inlet, but I could not find anything about the drivers side being wet. Could it be coming from the air inlet to the drivers side? The passenger floor is dry. My mark does have a sunroof. Any ideas as to where it's coming from? It only becomes wet after it rains that I know of.

Hi all I've been having a problem with water on the drivers side of my carpet under the drivers floor mat, I've been searching on here and many people have had this problem with water on the passenger side coming from the fresh air inlet, but I could not find anything about the drivers side being wet. Could it be coming from the air inlet to the drivers side? The passenger floor is dry. My mark does have a sunroof. Any ideas as to where it's coming from? It only becomes wet after it rains that I know of.

One of the sunroof drains runs from the left front corner of the sunroof down the drivers A-pillar. If its clogged, disconnected, or pinched off it could be the problem.
When I did my paint and headliner I blew them all out, I did notice on my gen II that the power wires for the sunvisors and mirror go under the tube for the sunroof and push it upwards a little.
Hope that helps.

My windshield leaked in the upper left corner and made its way down to the carpet. It followed the A pillar down to the dash where it then flowed down next to the fuse cover and onto the carpet. It got bad at times and I'd have a nice 1x1' soaked area there.
I replaced it and has been fine since.

You might want to check the sunroof drain holes to see if they're clogged.

Damn you JA.

It appears its the A pillar.

I wouldn't think it would come from the pass side

One of the sunroof drains runs from the left front corner of the sunroof down the drivers A-pillar. If its clogged, disconnected, or pinched off it could be the problem.
When I did my paint and headliner I blew them all out, I did notice on my gen II that the power wires for the sunvisors and mirror go under the tube for the sunroof and push it upwards a little.
Hope that helps.

I'll have to check that when I get home, what is the easiest way to clean it out if it's clogged?

I'll have to check that when I get home, what is the easiest way to clean it out if it's clogged?

Air hose with a long skinny blow gun, make sure the pressure isn't to high. If you open the sunroof and stand on the door sill you should be able to see the drain hole in the corner. You may need a flash light.

Air hose with a long skinny blow gun

That's also the best way to check for a windshield leak. Bucket of soapy water and a brush or sponge. Brush the soapwater all around the edges of the windshield and moulding on the outside, and post a buddy outside to watch as you blow air (100psi or so) all around the edge of the windshield on the inside. If there's even a pinhole leak, your buddy will see it bubble like crazy at that spot.

I go with windshield or roof vent...Even if it was pn the pass side it wouldn't be the fresh air intake.....Thats a Gen2 exclusive...Thats right...we get that and the blend door...Thanl you Ford.

Is your car your DD? If not I would take off the interior & watch where it's coming from. Regardless it's going to start stinking in there from the moldy carpet. I'm just picky when it comes to wet interior!

If I were you i'd remove the A pillar cover, dash cover, and the panels under the column..

Then have somebody spray the outer parimeter of the windshield to see if that's what leaking. Be sure too cover the sunroof with a garbage bag and tape so water cant get to it. Do the same to test the moonroof.

Baby powder works well at finding water leaks.

have you replaced the wiper motor recently? The plastic it mounts too has a seal on it and if it's torn, missing, junk, water will run down the firewall and may leak around the steering column. Been there, done that, had the soaked carpet (like standing water soaked).

Members online

No members online now.
Back