went to the track again

vr4

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
got 18 runs in 2 hours on streetcar night at portland raceway....it was dead.

new best 60' and new best ET. trap was down 3mph from my runs in hawaii though. wierd considering it was 30* cooler here

i ended up running 13 14.7xx ETs at 94-95 mph.

best 60' is now a 2.182 that netted a 14.770@94.52

best ET is now a 14.628@95.64 with a 2.202 60' (previous was a 14.66@98.xx with a 2.29 60')

the 1-2 shift is hurting me with the j-mod now. she shifts right AFTER the VHT stops so it will just spin and keep spinning till i let off. i might put the 2nd spring back in the accumulator now to soften it up a bit. at my track on maui they laid VHT almost to the 1/8th so i didnt have an issue. it barely broke loose hitting 2nd.

there was also a nice 10 mph headwind. i think on a dead wind night and not spinning in 2nd it may run low 14.5s and i should get my mph back too.

car is stock with 05 mustang GT mufflers (and a mangled drivers exhaust pipe thanks to the shipping company..it crunches down about 50% at the diff) and has j-mod. nothing else done at all.

Nice runs... how do the 05 GT mufflers sound on a stock Mark VIII? I like they way they sound on the GT's but those have 2.5 piping stock.

Nice runs... how do the 05 GT mufflers sound on a stock Mark VIII? I like they way they sound on the GT's but those have 2.5 piping stock.

slightly more mellow than the mustang. at startup its comparable but under load its a little quieter.

im working on the piping issue since my exhaust is now crushed.

I went to the track last night and I am about to go again here in a little for the midnight drags but anyway I ran a 15.079 at 94.07 with a 2.263 60'. I'm just trying to break into the 14's :(

I went to the track last night and I am about to go again here in a little for the midnight drags but anyway I ran a 15.079 at 94.07 with a 2.263 60'. I'm just trying to break into the 14's :(

Take everything out of your trunk, run with 1/4 fuel in tank, set front tires to 40psi, turn overdrive and traction control off, stage shallow, you should be able to get into the 14's.

Nice... I was just talking to a friend that was at PIR too... he got in 30 runs with his truck... LOL!
Thats just crazy!

Just curious--Can we turn the traction control on "on the fly".Maybe when the car hooks up off launch, try the traction control after.I know it turn the abs on but it will certainly be faster than spinning.Might work.Also your trap lost was probally the wind.
good luck and everyone post their times

I don't think that would help. I'm pretty sure the TC only works up until like 30mph or something like that.

I don't think that would help. I'm pretty sure the TC only works up until like 30mph or something like that.

yes about 30 mph on gen 1's and it actually starts fading around 20 mph,
it works at all speeds in gen 2's but it also pulls timing out of the engine .

Just curious--Can we turn the traction control on "on the fly".Maybe when the car hooks up off launch, try the traction control after.I know it turn the abs on but it will certainly be faster than spinning.Might work.Also your trap lost was probally the wind.
good luck and everyone post their times

Nah, just fix the traction problem. During the process of modding my '93, anytime I started having traction issues, I concentrated on solving those issues first and foremost. Tires, gearing, suspension, etc are what needs to be modified while adding HP to maintain traction and consistency at the track.

Members online

Back