Well this happened today. Got hit by a non driving *^%\<}>#%*!

izzy

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm ok. I was alone. But I'm dying inside. I can't believe this. What do you guys think about the damage?

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I got hit by a FVCKING Toyota Rav4. Non driving derp.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I think that it was about $4K a few years ago for similar damage to my front fender, front door, and rear quarter panel. Yours should be less. You may be able to find a door at a junkyard and replace that yourself to get it even lower. Maybe it won't total it.

I think that it was about $4K a few years ago for similar damage to my front fender, front door, and rear quarter panel. Yours should be less. You may be able to find a door at a junkyard and replace that yourself to get it even lower. Maybe it won't total it.

If they total my car I will flip my ****.

Depends on your mileage, but I would say totaled. It doesn't take much anymore these days. Almost every LS is 10+ years old now and replacement parts are becoming more difficult to find.

Depends on your mileage, but I would say totaled. It doesn't take much anymore these days. Almost every LS is 10+ years old now and replacement parts are becoming more difficult to find.

2000. I have 75000 on the clock. KBB has it booked at $4800. I have no mechanical issues.

Does any year door fit?

yes... replace the door and any body shop should be able to fix the rest

I had very similar damage to my drivers side front door 2 years ago. I'm pretty sure they had to do a little work to the front fender and rear door. Body shop used a complete used door instead of fixing the original. Pretty sure estimate was just under $1700. but that rear quarter or yours will add a grand I bet. Most expensive part on mine, which the body shop had to eat most of, was the mirror. They priced in a used one for $100. They couldn't find a used one and had to order new.

2000. I have 75000 on the clock. KBB has it booked at $4800. I have no mechanical issues.

Does any year door fit?

Izzy, check out LKQ over off of 118th Ave in Pinellas Park/Clearwater. I know they had 2 LSes with good doors there last I checked.

If they total my car I will flip my ****.

And why is it totaled? Tell their insurance company that you're fixing the car on your nickel, it's going to cost X amount, then you're suing the driver of the Toyota for full repairs plus lawyer's fees and rental costs while the car is in the shop. Just because THEY want total it doesn't mean that it is going to be totaled. I mean it's your car, not their insurance company's car and it's not up to them what happens. Of course they'll make threats about not paying the bill but they're empty threats because if you win, you collect from the other driver and the other driver and insurance company have a contract that if they are involved in an accident that the insurance company will pay to the limits of the policy. If you go this way, don't let them have your title or they'll mark it as totaled and the car will be worth less. They may just cut you a check for the estimated amount to repair just to be done with it. Good luck with it.

just got the denial letter due to no coverage from his insurance, so it will be going
into the shop next week, thank goodness.

It's a lot easier if you stick to 2000 to 2002 doors. Fortunately, those should be the easiest to find.

Izzy, check out LKQ over off of 118th Ave in Pinellas Park/Clearwater. I know they had 2 LSes with good doors there last I checked.

I found a 2000 black door at Allen's auto over here in Tampa. I figured it wouldn't need as much finishing since it was already black. Progressive said they will be moving my glass out of my door to the donor door shell. I advised that I wanted to keep the old doors guts since They are worth more to me than the $50 core charge on the donor door. They stated that they would just bill me the $50.00.

I had very similar damage to my drivers side front door 2 years ago. I'm pretty sure they had to do a little work to the front fender and rear door. Body shop used a complete used door instead of fixing the original. Pretty sure estimate was just under $1700. but that rear quarter or yours will add a grand I bet. Most expensive part on mine, which the body shop had to eat most of, was the mirror. They priced in a used one for $100. They couldn't find a used one and had to order new.

I dropped it off with my insurance company. I don't want to have to deal with this with their insurance. So Progressive will be handling everything for me. They will go after whatever the cost is. No deductible and no payment for the overage on my rental car. I'm a big guy with existing back issues so they put me in a new Altima. That thing is easy to get in and out of. LOL. There was no way I was driving that dodge dart they pulled around first. LOL

I went and got 2 quotes....I may have already said this info though.....$2200 from either shop estimated after a 5 minute look. Progressive had it for 45 mins before coming in at $1700. Probably just their buying power. They also found the same door I did. So I am letting them handle the logistics on that. But we have agreed that I still get the door guts. Surprisingly, the locks work and the window still goes up and down.

And why is it totaled? They may just cut you a check for the estimated amount to repair just to be done with it. Good luck with it.

I have seen on here and just in general online through my research-travels that when there is damage to the rear quarters that mostly they will be totaled. So it is the first thought in my mind.

I have seen on here and just in general online through my research-travels that when there is damage to the rear quarters that mostly they will be totaled. So it is the first thought in my mind.

Yes, if they handle it. Unfortunately, to avoid totaling it you have to have the money to fix it yourself up front and be willing to let the court case wind through the system. And, there's no guarantee of getting the money back but at least you will still have your car.

Yes, if they handle it. Unfortunately, to avoid totaling it you have to have the money to fix it yourself up front and be willing to let the court case wind through the system. And, there's no guarantee of getting the money back but at least you will still have your car.

Yeah. We are currently closing on a house on 5/22. Plus my checking account was compromised on the same day the accident happened. So money is pretty much non existent at this point. If they were to total it out I wouldn't get anywhere near the amount of money that I have invested in it. Not to mention the blood, sweat, tears and cursing. I will know more tomorrow. It has been at the shop all day today, so they should have had enough time to determine what is needed or at least a closer estimate. I'll wait until Friday to call them if I haven't heard anything yet.

Yeah. We are currently closing on a house on 5/22. Plus my checking account was compromised on the same day the accident happened. So money is pretty much non existent at this point. If they were to total it out I wouldn't get anywhere near the amount of money that I have invested in it. Not to mention the blood, sweat, tears and cursing. I will know more tomorrow. It has been at the shop all day today, so they should have had enough time to determine what is needed or at least a closer estimate. I'll wait until Friday to call them if I haven't heard anything yet.

If you still have the receipts you can get back what you've put into it over the last 6 months or so added to whatever their offer is. Don't mention this until they give you their offer, so they don't lowball by the amount of the receipts.

If you still have the receipts you can get back what you've put into it over the last 6 months or so added to whatever their offer is. Don't mention this until they give you their offer, so they don't lowball by the amount of the receipts.

True. I keep everything paperwork related. So good to know.

Just spoke with Progressive and they said that there is no additional damage found in the tear down. They are confident that the repairs will take place as predicted. Keeping my fingers crossed that the quarter panel is reparable.

They did state that the at fault driver's insurance company called them and said they received additional info that they believe shows shared responsibility. My adjuster said that he just laughed at the guy and explained that from all the pictures I took and sent, there us no way the accident happened any other way and clearly shows that the derp is at fault.

They did state that the at fault driver's insurance company called them and said they received additional info that they believe shows shared responsibility. My adjuster said that he just laughed at the guy and explained that from all the pictures I took and sent, there us no way the accident happened any other way and clearly shows that the derp is at fault.

Of course they did. And that is what court is for.

sent pics to my body guy

$ 1000 for his "patch and match" for tight budgets
$ 2500 very few could ever tell it was damaged
$ 4000 for show car circuit doubtful another body man could even tell it was repaired

Members online

Back