Weird gen 1 trick?

pektel

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So, I held down the Reset and A/B buttons on the trip meter, then turned the key to ON. The trip meter shows some weird stuff. Starts out showing:

TRIP 9006

Then you can cycle through a few other things. Other things that pop up are EE 05, some codedt something or other, then every part that can illuminate in that window does (maybe as a test to make sure nothing is burnt out?)

Wondering if anyone knows what I'm looking at.

I have to ask: How did you come up with this particular procedure? Just randomly trying out combinations of button to push and turning the car on?

I remembered reading something about it a long time ago, though couldn't find the original thread where I read it. Got bored, decided to give it a quick try.

My brother did something like that on his Focus. It showed his RPMs and a few other things on the little screen.

My 99 F150 had something like that where you could cycle it through a few displays including RPMs.

great!!!... like i needed something else to be messing with on my way home tonight!!! if i crash its on you sir

Pushing those buttons will re-calibrate your flux capacitor for optimal time/space manipultion. I thought everyone already knew this....jeez

you better be careful, holding both buttons and then turning the key on, off, then back on enables the self destruct mode!

Dammmit!!!, Who pushed my button?!!

Sayyyy...., that tickles, but ahhh, while you are at it, could ya... scratch the left one?.... .:eek:

the dog.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back