we lost another LS

funny you said BMW, i test drove a 2009 535i today and its a hell of a ride he wanted 29k for it with 30k miles i passed for now. this is a list of cars that im looking at.
infinity m35/m45
jaguar xj
bmw 5 series
benz e class
lincoln mks
2013 lincoln mkz
ford tourus limited or sho
2013 fusion ( saw it on auto show and it was really nice)

the rental i got is a kia optima hybryd and the gas difference aint that great and with hell of alot less power.

This is really awful and I hope the people responsible are found eventually. However, being in law enforcement, I know that car vandalism has one of the lowest rates for being solved. Which is bad news.

As far as investigatory work goes, you state that a previous LS that was parked in or near where yours is got vandalized and you think this was simply a case of mistaken identity. This is probably true, vehicle vandalism's are rarely random, especially considering someone took the time to "write you messages" so to speak.

This scenario would imply that the offender is the same who vandalized the previous LS, thinking yours was the one they vandalized before. In addition to that, the offender and previous LS owner most likely knew each other and had some form of disagreement.

Your only real suspect pool would be possible suspects listed in the previous LS owner's police report, if they even filed one, or if he didn't and you can contact this previous owner maybe he knows who his offender was, because that is actually pretty common also.

If you are filing a police report, which I assume you are in order to claim vandalism damage on insurance, inform your investigating officer of this possible connection. If he is halfway decent he should at least look into it. I mean otherwise, he is going to have no possible suspects.

I hope it works out for you.

Not sure if this is meant to be sarcastic humor, or insulting.

Either way, if the previous owner filed a report so he could claim on his insurance, then it's as simple as pulling the previous report and seeing if any suspects were listed. We still have reports from the 60's at my office :rolleyes: but that is another can of worms

@upstairs -- good observation the cop that took the report said the same thing when he did the report. hopefully he found something.

Please find out who did this and break their kneecaps.

you cannot fight fire with fire ( ur just gonna cause a bigger **** storm) the people that did this most likely have mental problems and they need professional help or its someone he knows and is too much of a coward to say something to his face so they break his car and run away

LOL....another mks post?

Seriously guy.

Its ok. They'll keep coming. One day you'll wake up and realize the LS is nothing compared to a MKS. Fact. Just came back from a 700 mile round trip vacation and the MKS was fantastic. Performance, handling, acceleration, comfort, features. Plus i had three humans and a car loaded to the max with suitcases and everything that could possibly fit and still got 23.7 mpg avg. Had a prick in a LT1 T/A not allow me to pass so i gunned it over in the right lane while he stepped on it and i blew by him. Granted it was a sh!tty beat up T/A. I firmly believe my 6speed tranny shifts better than the LS 5speed and the LS only has 5hp more than a MKS. The MKS is no slug. There is a 435 lb difference between the LS and MKS, but load a couple buddies in your LS and i'd bet the MKS would hold its own against a stock 2nd gen.

And your right, ANOTHER MKS post because he just totaled his LS and rather than go backwards and get another LS he might as well move forward and get an MKS.

FLA02LS --- im already looking at a MKS im going to see this one on tomorow.
[url]http://southjersey.craigslist.org/ctd/3316603176.html[/URL]

That is the exact same model i have. Sick. Your gonna be a new owner soon :)

Your gonna love it. When you test drive it make sure to put the gear lever over into the SST mode but dont select up or down. That way it will stay in sport mode and shifts 1000x better. It'll just say "SST" over the D icon. The 2013 has active drive assist which completely eliminates torque steer and makes the drivability incredible. It'll apply braking only to the corners that need it when taking fast tight turns. The 1st gen MKS is great, the 2nd gen MKS in out of control. 305hp base V6, 365hp EcoBoost. Sick Car.

One big difference in the SST shifting is in the LS you throw the lever up to "upshift" and down to "downshift". The MKS is exact different. Down is upshift and up is downshift. Weird i thought.

One thing my MKS out smarted me the other day. I use the Navi with traffic link to check out the traffic for my morning commute, shows either green, yellow, or red arrows to show traffic flow. Anyway i start up and head on down the road and i realize the navi was FULL of gas pump icons. So i go to the nav setup and remove all icons. Still there. Go back and reclick to hide all icons. Still there. And i mean they are everywhere. Could barely see the roads. Getting pissed now thinking the nav is broke or something. I look down, my low fuel message was on. By default when you get below a certain fuel level the navi shows all available gas stations with no way to disengage them (other than filling up). Pretty smart on the cars part but waay dumb on my part.

so the insurance adjuster called me and they are going to give me $7,500 for it since in my zip code they dont use KBB and they use jdpower and edmonds. i double checked and thats what its listed for. i thought about keeping it but i decided not to. i had to replace all the shocks and 1 of my springs was busted, new sway bar links on all 4's, vcg had oil in them i got the gaskets witch i returned this morning to autozone. and new coils and brakes/calipers. so i was looking to spend around 2k to get all this done so im kinda happy it happened before i spent all that cash even though 2 months ago i got my transmission rebuilt and the insurance wont give me crap for it.

FLA02LS --- im already looking at a MKS im going to see this one on tomorow.
[url]http://southjersey.craigslist.org/ctd/3316603176.html[/URL]

Isnt it great to have that check!!! I got $7144 but i had 185k miles which lowered the value so it sounds like you got a good deal.

You're right there. The LS is not a an overpriced Ford Taurus like the MKS is.:p

No but the LS was also an over priced Ford T-Bird, same platform. The MKS and Taurus are built on the same platform (the safest platform available btw), but aside from that go park a Taurus and MKS side by side and tell me its just a rebadged car. The quality and features are nowwhere the same. MKS has loaded standard features where if your lucky there might be a package you could add to a taurus to get you close in features to an MKS. I've got MKS blood running thru my veins and will defend it always :)

"back from a 700 mile round trip vacation and the MKS was fantastic. Performance, handling, acceleration, comfort, features. Plus i had three humans and a car loaded to the max with suitcases and everything that could possibly fit and still got 23.7 mpg avg."

well no **** its a brand new car did you expect anything less?

a brand new Toyota Corolla would probably perform just as good...no wait gas mileage would be much better

"back from a 700 mile round trip vacation and the MKS was fantastic. Performance, handling, acceleration, comfort, features. Plus i had three humans and a car loaded to the max with suitcases and everything that could possibly fit and still got 23.7 mpg avg."

well no **** its a brand new car did you expect anything less?

a brand new Toyota Corolla would probably perform just as good...no wait gas mileage would be much better

Might have better mileage but would only fit two humans and a third of the luggage:p And the Corolla might take a few miles to get up to 65mph.

No but the LS was also an over priced Ford T-Bird, same platform. The MKS and Taurus are built on the same platform (the safest platform available btw), but aside from that go park a Taurus and MKS side by side and tell me its just a rebadged car. The quality and features are nowwhere the same. MKS has loaded standard features where if your lucky there might be a package you could add to a taurus to get you close in features to an MKS. I've got MKS blood running thru my veins and will defend it always :)

EDIT - Read your response in the other thread on the attitude for the car, so I am removing the snide remark I made here. You have understandable pride in your new car, but remember this IS a LS-specific board, not a general Lincoln board. It's not good to attack the board's main car.

You're right there. The LS is not a an overpriced Ford Taurus like the MKS is.:p

Cant that be said about alot of cars though. The S-type was an over priced LS. The LS was an overpriced T-Bird. Infiniti is an ovepriced Nissan, Lexus is an overpriced Toyota. On and on. Yes the Taurus and MKS have very similiar body styles and slightly similiar interiors, share same engine, same platform, but in my opinion very diffferent cars. Literal side by side comparison of the two cars in a Ford dealer lot there is a much much higher level of luxury with the MKS. When i was car hunting i actually looked at the Taurus to be essentially a "less expensive" MKS but they really arent comparable. Similiar, yes. But a poor mans MKS. IMO. Lots of features on a MKS that are not available on the Taurus.

And isn't that exactly what Ford is going for? Two cares that share the same platform (i.e. lower manufacturing costs) but one is at a higher price-point to allow more options and more luxury.

And isn't that exactly what Ford is going for? Two cares that share the same platform (i.e. lower manufacturing costs) but one is at a higher price-point to allow more options and more luxury.

I dont know about that. Kinda risky, to me they run the risk of losing the Lincoln brand all together. Mercury is history isnt it? Lincoln's popularity isnt all that it used to be. GM has propelled Cadillac to a higher luxury level alot better than Ford has with Lincoln. Other brands make their high end and low end models a little better distinguishable. Ford = Fusion/MKZ, Edge/MKX, Taurus/MKS. Not enough distinction except for some options to justify the money. Ford has really increased the quality of their Ford brands that make it really hard for a consumer to go Lincoln. I had my reasons, but for Joe the consumer it might not make much sense.

funny you said BMW, i test drove a 2009 535i today and its a hell of a ride he wanted 29k for it with 30k miles i passed for now. this is a list of cars that im looking at.
infinity m35/m45
jaguar xj
bmw 5 series
benz e class
lincoln mks
2013 lincoln mkz
ford tourus limited or sho
2013 fusion ( saw it on auto show and it was really nice)

the rental i got is a kia optima hybryd and the gas difference aint that great and with hell of alot less power.

If you go with a 5 series and you plan on keeping it for a long time, stay away from the 535 unless you get a warranty.. All of the twin turbo inline 6 BMW's have major fuel pump and Injector issues.. That's why BMW has gone to a single turbo setup.

Members online

No members online now.
Back