Water in trunk..again..

JAY89ls6

LVC Member
Reaction score
ok i have the 01 v6 ls and it does not have moon roof i searched through the forums , and this was the most helpful info that i found.
I also have the water in the trunk 2000 LS. It's leaking from the surround and if it ever stops raining I'll fix it.

I also did a search and here are a few solutions for others that had the same problem. Hope it helps.

I also had water in the trunk. Took it to the dealer and they had problems finding the source of the leak. They eventually said it was the seal and replaced the entire rubber strip around trunk opening. I keep my LS in the garage now and have only had it in light rain a few times but I havent noticed any water in the trunk again yet.

I had the water in the trunk problem too...after about 5 visits to the dealer and they eventually found it was leaking around the tail light assembly, they tightened it and it hasn't leaked since...may want to check that out if you haven't found it yet.

Pull your battery tray and silicone around all those plastic plugs and the bolt holes. The water usually comes in through the bolt holes. (from Ford certified tech)

we have found more times than not the water is coming from the license plate housing onthe deck lid distorting or braking allowing water to get in.remove the trunk hatch trim have someone get in the trunk with a flashlight spray water over the trunk you should be able to find it.good luck. (Lincoln tech)

I will probably silicone all the bolt holes and check tailights again, but the trunk is not looking too pretty anymore, so im considering painting it. Im still pondering which products to use. Maybe bedliner with silver over it? or rubberized undercoating? any suggestions would be helpful.

here are the pics

IMG_0914.jpg

ls trunk.jpg

ls trkk.jpg

I have noticed this also. I have to get out the hose and see where it's coming in from. My biggest concern is the battery terminals are getting corroded.

I plan on painting just to keep any rust from getting worse. You don't see that area normally so aesthetically I'm not worried about it.

I had this problem. then I noticed that my trunk seal was over my passanger tail light housing. put it under and no more leak. hope it helps

I had liquid in my trunk once, but its because a bottle of 7 year Jim Beam broke on the back from the store.
The trunk smelled like bourbon for a week

check tail light bolt and see if rubbers seals are shot and if so put some silicone on them thats what i did no more leaks

yeah i will do that its a work in progress, i just replaced the radiator hose, so now i need to replace the belt also

Members online

No members online now.
Back