Was A Tuff Day.

Macoffutt

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well guys, today was the day. I traded the LS for an 04' G35 Coupe.. Heres a few pics of the new ride. Thanks for the all the help LVC!

100_1837.jpg

100_1836.jpg

100_1835.jpg

Looks great, and a good choice. Almost bought my wife one about 2 months ago.

I was considering buying one of those instead of the LSE, but price was why I didn't... Nice car, the exhaust sounds great on them too.

One night while coming home at around 12-1 a.m. i was one of about 4 or 5 cars on the entire highway, it was wide open. I was riding in the middle lane on a three lane highway cruising at about 70 mph. Up ahead there is a car in the middle lane going slower so i am gaining on him. In the rearview i see a car coming pretty quick behind me in the middle lane also. It was YOUR same car, G35 coupe...black...had some fancy spoiler and ground effects, looked nice. As all three of us sort of come together in the middle lane i broke left and the G35 broke right. I had my sunroof open and i could hear the G35 hammer it WOT. I obliged to satisify my own needs and floored the LS. I ran that G35 all the way from 70 to 135 mph down a straight part of the highway and slowly was creeping away from him the whole time. I took my foot off the gas at 135 and he eventually blew past me which i GAVE to him. It was fun but the LS flat out took him. Good times. I'm sure its fun to drive.

Those things are TUFF! And they sound sick. Way faster than a LS. Congrats I am sure you wont be disappointed and I guarantee you very little problems if any at all.

I traded my 00 LS v6 for an 05 G35 Sedan 6MT blk/blk. I liked the infiniti but terribly missed some of the creature comforts of the LS so after my G35 was totaled in a low speed head on collision I immediately knew I was coming back.

The seats of the G coupe are much more comfortable car than the G sedan so you definitely picked the right car for ride comfort. Both are very tunable and you will find that a lot of parts swapping goes on between the G and the 350z. But the cars have a tendency to start burning oil if you tweak intake and exhaust.

Check out g35driver.com.

Check out g35driver.com.

I'm already there! Thanks for the websites also. I agree with everyone man, the exhaust is damn sweet. And I also agree that the LS has a bit more comfort features but when I was driving it home, there was nothing but smiles.. Its a great car & cant start wait to modding it just a little bit, add some power. :D

I own a 2005 G35 Coupe. That is what replaced my LS. I will start to carry all performance parts for the Infiniti SOON! However, since my wife is the main driver of the G she wants some mods so I'll start to buy some items to start modding it out. I can tell you that the G35 coupe is MUCH, MUCH faster than the LS not to mention better handling but it doesn't ride as nice. It is strictly a sports car and rides like one!!

It looks like your G35 has the 18" wheels. Our G35 has the 19" staggered wheels so tire rotation is null. From my understanding the G35's with the 19" wheels go through tires much quicker. So, I may be looking to change the wheels that will allow better tire longivity.

I talked with StopTech last week and they are now offering the 6-piston Big Brake Kit for the G35 that is more wheel fitment friendly. This may be one of the mods I do to the G35 after the intake and exhaust.

You will enjoy the G35 coupe. We like the car and will keep it for quite some time.

Thats good news Ken! Always was a pleasure working through LSKoncepts & now that you will hopefully be offering G35 parts is good news.

My first day on the forum, your last day.

I guess there will be one less LS running the streets of Omaha. Good Luck

Definitely watch what you do to the intake and exhaust because those cars definitely like to burn the oil mid-night or day light.

What I missed most was the rain sensing wipers and because I had the 6mt the seat and steering wheel moving out to accommodate ingress and egress of the vehicle.

The G and Z both have share a camber problem but there are some excellent after market kits that will allow you to tune the problem out. They aren't cheap though.

If you decide to lower the car do it on the linear Z springs. For the coupes most people kept the coupe fronts and the Z rears if I remember correctly. Even most sedan owners did the same.

Definitely a go fast but after owning mine for 18 months I had come to hate taking it out for trips longer than an hour. After an hour it felt like a cafe style super bike.

I can tell you that the G35 coupe is MUCH, MUCH faster than the LS not to mention better handling but it doesn't ride as nice. It is strictly a sports car and rides like one!!

I woulldnt say its MUCH faster. My Gen 2 LS with the mods I have can hang with a stock G35 coupe. A modded G35 coupe can most likely outrun me. I ran a guy the other day in a 6MT G35 and we were dead even with my LS pulling more on the top end.

But most around my area are all stock and I can make all the G35 owners around here wonder what I have under my hood. I tell them I am stock and it pisses them off. :D

I woulldnt say its MUCH faster. My Gen 2 LS with the mods I have can hang with a stock G35 coupe. A modded G35 coupe can most likely outrun me. I ran a guy the other day in a 6MT G35 and we were dead even with my LS pulling more on the top end.

But most around my area are all stock and I can make all the G35 owners around here wonder what I have under my hood. I tell them I am stock and it pisses them off. :D
For a car that is a V6 and running with a car that has a V8, the G is much faster. When ever I drive the G it is much quicker off the line due to the weight ratio to HP. Now, I'm not saying the G35 is overall better than the LS. Both have their strong points. The LS is much more comfortable than the G hands down! However, the LS is a Luxury Sedan and the G35 is a Sports Sedan.

For a car that is a V6 and running with a car that has a V8, the G is much faster. When ever I drive the G it is much quicker off the line due to the weight ratio to HP. Now, I'm not saying the G35 is overall better than the LS. Both have their strong points. The LS is much more comfortable than the G hands down! However, the LS is a Luxury Sedan and the G35 is a Sports Sedan.

+1

Maybe hang with a Sedan but not a coupe unless they dont care enough to try to run yah flat out. With even some slight mods like exhaust and intake from what I see these things can be monsters. The true CAI kits for these things are great investments from all the owners I talk to. My neighbor had one but he moved, he had the carbon fiber ( box ) CAI and it was sick!

Eliot, I believe Pektel was referrencing the moniker. LS=luxury sport. I guess they should have named it LSS for Luxury Sport Sedan, but with four doors the sedan part is obvious.

Anyway, nice ride Mac. My friend Jordan's mom owns one, I actually don't like the way the exhaust sounds on hers, a little too ricey for my taste. But, DSFDF.

Last edited:
One night while coming home at around 12-1 a.m. i was one of about 4 or 5 cars on the entire highway, it was wide open. I was riding in the middle lane on a three lane highway cruising at about 70 mph. Up ahead there is a car in the middle lane going slower so i am gaining on him. In the rearview i see a car coming pretty quick behind me in the middle lane also. It was YOUR same car, G35 coupe...black...had some fancy spoiler and ground effects, looked nice. As all three of us sort of come together in the middle lane i broke left and the G35 broke right. I had my sunroof open and i could hear the G35 hammer it WOT. I obliged to satisify my own needs and floored the LS. I ran that G35 all the way from 70 to 135 mph down a straight part of the highway and slowly was creeping away from him the whole time. I took my foot off the gas at 135 and he eventually blew past me which i GAVE to him. It was fun but the LS flat out took him. Good times. I'm sure its fun to drive.

Aren't you a Florida cop? And your street racing? Good example to set.

Eliot, I believe Pektel was referrencing the moniker. LS=luxury sport. I guess they should have named it LSS for Luxury Sport Sedan, but with four doors the sedan part is obvious.

I know but like Ken was getting to, its a Luxury Sedan.;)

:F

The g sedan are a little faster than the coupe. I researched a lot before ending up with a fx35. it goes 350z-g35 sedan-g35 coupe. Cant tell you why the sedan is faster but found it on numerous sites. i was skeptical too.

Members online

No members online now.
Back