Warning Lights Came On

Ric

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, for no apparent reason, the idiot lights for the anti-lock brakes and the advance track came on during a short drive in my '03 LS 8. They were accompanied by the info center stating the advance track needs attention. After being parked for a few hours, they didn't come back on. Something to be ignored or do I kill a morning at the dealer?

I say take it in, even though it was a one time thing, it's better safer to find out it may be a faulty sensor or something, then waiting and finding out the problem is worse then you had though...As the saying goes "better safe then sorry"

I have had that happen twice but it was the parking brake light. Engine went into failsafe mode, I pulled over, set the brake then took it off and all was fine. I need to get mine in and have it checked out as well.

this happens when the 'advance track' cannot compensate for the correction needed to return the vechile to 'stable'.

if you were not drive crazy - then it may be a bunch of things.

- many things that deal with the ABS system - wheel speed sensors, ABS pump, FEM, ....
- many things with the advance track systems - yaw and pitch sensors, ....

In my 03 LS V8 the same thing happened. I took it in and the dealer said that there was something in the pcm that needed to be updated. havent had any problems since and it wasnt a big loss. just get the free rental for the morning.

bingbangyadda said:
I say take it in, even though it was a one time thing, it's better safer to find out it may be a faulty sensor or something, then waiting and finding out the problem is worse then you had though...As the saying goes "better safe then sorry"

I know I should...but my regular dealership has not been impressing me lately and it's gonna ruin another day. The last time i took it in, I told them straight up, the window lift switch failed. After two hours on the computer, they tell me the window lift failed...and they have to order the part. I never went back for it.

Ric said:
I know I should...but my regular dealership has not been impressing me lately and it's gonna ruin another day. The last time i took it in, I told them straight up, the window lift switch failed. After two hours on the computer, they tell me the window lift failed...and they have to order the part. I never went back for it.

oh didn't realise you have a crappy dealership =/

Members online

No members online now.
Back