Warning Chimes on 94 Conti

Thanks. I figured as much. Of course, as far as I'm concerned it shouldn't be leaking anything. Slight bummer.

leak by the front rt wheel eh? I have this aswell... but Im fully aware of what mine is.. My washer fluid line .. the plastic conector is cracked so whenever I use my windshield washer I get the leak in that same area.

Also... the oil filter is right in that very same area, and If you had it changed rescently it could just be a "residual" run off.

I'm just worried that it might be the head gasket starting to go.... Anybody know what to look for to confirm?

I've been out of town and parked in in the street. I'll repark it in the garage and put some sort of basin to catch drippings so I can be sure what it is. I hope it's only the washer fluid !!

It is does not seem to be oil though.

Thanks for insights.

Last edited:
the 3.8 head gaskets usually dont leak to the outside of the engine.

keep tabs on your coolant level, condition (see if it has any oil in it), and your oil level and condition. if either do anything strange, there is a possiblity of a bad head gasket.

they usually fail between the water jacket and cylinder (the end cylinders are most common). sometimes you can see air in the coolant (or a geyser out the rad cap if you remove it and start engine). those are definate bad gaskets.

the biggest thing to keep the head gaskets in good shape is frequent and regular coolant changes. and make SURE there is no air in the system to prevent hot spots in the heads.

Members online

No members online now.
Back