Vortech and 99/01 Cobra engine

Screw-Rice

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Been searching and tired of digging through all the threads that don't relate to the info I am after.

-On a stock B head Mark what needs to be modified to adapt the 96-98 Cobra Vortech kit. Let's say non intercooled for the sake of simplicity.

-99/01 C head Cobra engine- What all needs to be modified to drop into a second gen. I know it is close to a "plug n play" but some things do require modifying. If I remember right the 99 fuel rails is required. What about sensors,etc.

Been searching and tired of digging through all the threads that don't relate to the info I am after.

-On a stock B head Mark what needs to be modified to adapt the 96-98 Cobra Vortech kit. Let's say non intercooled for the sake of simplicity.

-99/01 C head Cobra engine- What all needs to be modified to drop into a second gen. I know it is close to a "plug n play" but some things do require modifying. If I remember right the 99 fuel rails is required. What about sensors,etc.

The vortech kit will bolt right up on mk8 . There might be some blower outlet tube to TB mismatch and or fabing to fit.

Sorry, My bad I was misinformed on my info but instead of everyone just saying your wrong how about giving the correct answer

You will need whole bunch of stuff for the 01 engine swap like the computer,wiring harness,throttle cables and other cables just for a start. Then you will need a good 4v mechanic and extra cash. Not trying to talk u out of it but it ain't cheap or simple.

What?
You are wrong.

You will have to move the radiator forward to make room for the head unit, and you may have to fab an intake tube, but its basically a bolt on.

You will need whole bunch of stuff for the 01 engine swap like the computer,wiring harness,throttle cables and other cables just for a start. Then you will need a good 4v mechanic and extra cash. Not trying to talk u out of it but it ain't cheap or simple.

Yeah, no. Might want to know what you're talking about before spouting off. Not once did I mention a budget or mechanical abilities.
The stock Mark computer will run a C headed engine. Ask me how I know.

A new throttle cable is required, along with a couple other simple modifications. Can't recall if swapping the Mark sensors is all that is needed in terms of electrical, or if any wires need to be extended.

You will have to move the radiator forward to make room for the head unit, and you may have to fab an intake tube, but its basically a bolt on.

That's what I thought, but couldn't locate any of the threads with useful information. Wouldn't be the first time I had to make an intake tube for something to work.

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/global_item.php?gik=663

Object moved

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=64139

Don Pfau's Mark...

20585d1326907316-supercharged-lincoln-mark-viii-progress-a04g.jpg

If you are working with a Gen 2 I am pretty sure 99/01 Cobra discharge tube would work to hook up the Vortech. That just leaves you figuring out the Inlet section.

-Alan

If you are working with a Gen 2 I am pretty sure 99/01 Cobra discharge tube would work to hook up the Vortech. That just leaves you figuring out the Inlet section.

-Alan

Believe you're right. Inlet wont be too killer to modify. Getting the head unit in and spaced seems to require the most work. Will be ditching the emissons equipment as well, and considering adding a set of Kooks.

Gilby959798

I hear ya. After doing some shopping at the local Ford dealer today, the mark might take a backseat for just a bit. Planned on getting this project rolling in the next few weeks, but might get bumped back a bit.

Still need to get all the info, so when it's time I can wrench away. Want all the info contained in this thread.

99 rails wont work. (Unless you do the white lightning rail plumbing setup.)

You are probably gonna have to try to use a set of 98 rails and see if you can get them mounted to the
Newer intake.

Either that or a custom rail system.

Mike

If you go with the 99 c head motor I would run aftermarket rails and a regulator with the return port. They can be had for a reasonable price on the mustang forums.
I've read that the 96-98 vortech braket will work on the 99 front cover but have never tried it. If the braket works then all you need is a little intake tube work and your good.

So what is the plan C head engine swap or Vortech. Or both?

-Alan

Started out with planning on just the Vortech, but snowballed into a C head engine with a blower. Figured it's better to do it all at once. My luck I will do a Vortech, then blow the motor. So to avoid an "I told you so" from a certain friend, will be doing it all at once. It'll make more power, and shut him up...win win. :lol:

97MarkJA-The bracket on the 96-98 does work on the 99's. Been a common knowledge discussion on a couple stang forums.

Started out with planning on just the Vortech, but snowballed into a C head engine with a blower. Figured it's better to do it all at once. My luck I will do a Vortech, then blow the motor. So to avoid an "I told you so" from a certain friend, will be doing it all at once. It'll make more power, and shut him up...win win. :lol:

97MarkJA-The bracket on the 96-98 does work on the 99's. Been a common knowledge discussion on a couple stang forums.

A c head swap will not do anything to decrease the chances of gernading your motor.

A c head swap will not do anything to decrease the chances of gernading your motor.
Sure love the influx of experts lately. :rolleyes:

You're telling me a freshly rebuilt C head engine with a higher threshold (450rwhp vs 400rwhp) is the EXACT same as the 130k mile one in the car? Let alone the obvious advantage of using an engine with a far stronger aftermarket.

Aside from that, the tune is the most critical component. Will be thrown on the trailer and dyno tuned once it's up and running.

Sure love the influx of experts lately. :rolleyes:

You're telling me a freshly rebuilt C head engine with a higher threshold (450rwhp vs 400rwhp) is the EXACT same as the 130k mile one in the car? Let alone the obvious advantage of using an engine with a far stronger aftermarket.

Aside from that, the tune is the most critical component. Will be thrown on the trailer and dyno tuned once it's up and running.

Freshly completely rebuilt b head engine would be just as reliable as a rebuilt c. Besides, just being stock rebuilt won't make an engine bullet proof. Only expensive parts do that.

Plus, you were saying a C head swap, not a rebuild.

Freshly completely rebuilt b head engine would be just as reliable as a rebuilt c.
You don't read very well do you? At what point did I state I was doing a rebuild? I have access to two fresh rebuilt for sale.
Besides, just being stock rebuilt won't make an engine bullet proof. Only expensive parts do that.
Again, where did I state I intend on pushing past it's limits? I'm very aware that "expensive parts" :rolleyes: are required.
Plus, you were saying a C head swap, not a rebuild.
Show me exactly where I stated I was doing a head swap? That is new information to me.

It's best you exit this thread so it doesn't further go down hill. May want to change your name "MajorOwange", since it is obviously far from accurate.

What are these other options present for C heads that are not for B heads.

Members online

Back