Vid of my system in the LS

20BlackLS00

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well i re did the system about a month ago here is a video from the prelimnary testing and stuff, it did a 146.6... with the back seats down.

Its 2 06 xxx's powered off of a vfl 400. at .5 ohms producing 4500rms+,

Components are rainbow audio vandiums, powered off of a hifonics jupiter giving each side about 200rms

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=11062219

damn thats insane, you should do the penny hop, where u put a penny on your roof and see if you can flip it. are you running this off the stock alternator or what?

lol now i am that my 250 amper blew...im not turning it up till the other alt is rebuilt...but yea it can flip a penny on the roof...it also broke my sunroof lol which doesnt work anymore

i like the look of the chrome fender flares, ive never seen those on a black ls but they look good on the car

u mind messaging me how u set up your system specifically, cause im thinking about getting some big comp 12's and just want to get some insight how u ran urs

o and the box is tuned to 32hz so its low end extension to, im trying to sell the subs and door speakers so i can finish building up my mustang engine... so if anyone is intrested let me know im looking at 500+shipping per sub and 315 shipped for the door speakers but 1 tweeter is blown, they are rainbow vandiums retail 1100 dollars 3 waycomps 6.5s 4'' and tweeters

And those subs re doing a 146 and they are pure SQL subs not spl so they sound amazing and hit every not nice.

damn u runnin' this system on half an ohm? that's crazy. always wanted to try some re subs but never had the cash. if i did that i would have to go all out and that's just too much of an investment. unless i did some decible drags and actually made money off it. looks good, the car has a little too much chrome for my taste but still it looks good in your car. anyway, u sure it's not spl? i had an article when i did some research and it said it's "SPL 1W/1m: 83.76 dB SPL." regardless they pound hard i'm sure. this is the guy who got me interested in the RE subs. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=42.

yea, if i had my othr cd with me mike jones new song hits even harder then any 3-6 song i own...its like a constang 32hz and its so loud, anyway im prob putting another system in shortly eiter 2 15'' tc sounds lms 5400s or 2 18'' tc 5200s, so its gonna be even louder lol so somene buy my xxx's these things arent no joke lol, the are 13'' deep and 80lbs a piece, 2000+rms a piece as well.

I wouldn't mind hearing that in person, you are in my neck of the woods, thats a sick system. I swear I have seen that car downtown before, can't remember where.

i don't think the 18's would fit in the car. i've tried. and i was going to do a custom fiber-glass enclosure but then i didn't get the desired air travel space that was needed and really would've been pointless. i was going to get the kicker X but then again that sub is squared. if you get even one 18" in there please post piks. much appreciated. i would buy the set-up you had right now if i had cash. but with a baby, rent, car, credit card, and endless amount of bills it seems somewhat impossible. how are people that live with their parents house not rich, lol?

well as of now im trying to sell the car for 9500 with a lesser stereo system in it prob kicker l7s and 1500 watt amp...but im willing to take 11,500 for the car with the current setup i will leave everything else on the car for 9500 expect my xxx's and vfl and hifonics amp i swap it out with a lesser system taht will still be loud but not as muchas in value as that. My dads friend has 01 excursion all black that i can get for 9500...with 80k miles on it all leather and im thinking bout getting it so im in need of the money so if there is anyone you know thats intrested in the car let me know if not its going on ebay soon

yea you might of seen the car downtown ive been down there a few times but not that much i live out in sheffield so its bought a 30 min drive away

Wow Did You See That Bird In The Tree? While Looking Threw The Sun Roof!!!lmo

i got a iraggi 250 amp alt 2 batteries + kinetik 2400...caps do nothing so dont waste ur time with one

sounds good man. i`ve been through 2 stock alternators so i think its time to up the amperage. i went from 2 amps turned almost all the way up, to one amp on just about half after the first alternator went out, and it died again :-s. this time i kept my old one to get it rebuilt to at least 200 amps. thanks for the info.

1. Who does your audio work and how much did they charge you?
2. How are you running a dual 2-ohm sub at .5 ohms @ 4500wrms (especially when the thermal peak is 2000w)
3. Who told you capacitors don't do anything?
4. Resonant Engineering specializes in SPL, the XXX series is their top SPL performer
5. For optimal performance you should have your box ported 2.2cf @ 37hz

not to sound like an ass but the xxx is one of the best SQ drivers out there, its not spl...spl drivers are usually much higher in FS response, the xxx is made for low end sound quality, yes its loud because it move so much air with excursion but its not an spl sub.

I do all my own work and have done work for many other cars around my area so i paid just dealer price on all my speakers.

dual 2 ohm with 1 sub = 1 ohm... 2 of them together u can run them and get .5 ohms...if u dont belive me ask around.

RE's spl sub is the SX...and then the biggest one is the MT..all of the others are geared more towards sq.

The xxx's are rated at 2000rms a piece...max is 4k. They are underated and can take 2500 rms a piece daily, ive got them going at 4500rms and they are barely getting warm.

So if theres anymore questions u wanna know then ask me. O also the optimal box they give isnt right, thats just to fit in most cars, ive experimented with different boxes, 2.4 aero ported at 32-33hz is the loudest and cleanest sounding i could get.

ok...if u dont believe me go look it up...the xxx is a SQL driver, like a w7 but it takes more watts, excursion = sq usually, 54mm xmax 1 way = low end extension which is for SQ. Ive been doing stereos for 5 years. ITs the best sq driver ive used or seen except for maybe an idmax. And yes 4500 rms at .5ohms. It actaully might be more the amp is rated at 4000rms @ 1 ohm, but with a strong electrical i can run it at .5 without problems. So please enlighten me how the xxx isnt an sql driver. Ive i swapped out the xxx's for some mt's id probably be close to the 150 mark but not be able to play music or at least make music sound good.

Well i re did the system about a month ago here is a video from the prelimnary testing and stuff, it did a 146.6... with the back seats down.

Its 2 06 xxx's powered off of a vfl 400. at .5 ohms producing 4500rms+,

Components are rainbow audio vandiums, powered off of a hifonics jupiter giving each side about 200rms

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=11062219

who makes the VFL amps. i never heard of those b4 im running a RE Sx 15" on a Memphis Mojo 16 2000D right now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back